View Full Version : Important Message for Safari 3 Beta Testers - on Mac

Hands0n
17th June 2007, 10:19 AM
I got the following warning about Safari 3 on the Mac for users of The Missing Sync (I'm one). Sure enough, it malfunctioned not only as explained but was no longer synching with the device. I removed Safari 3 and reverted to version 2 and everything returned to normal.....

Important Message for Safari 3 Beta Testers
At WWDC this week, Apple released a beta version of Safari 3. During the installation of the Safari 3 beta, a new version of Apple's WebKit framework is also installed. Unfortunately, the new WebKit is not yet stable, and applications like The Missing Sync, which use the WebKit framework to render web pages on the Mac, may crash when the WebKit is invoked. For Missing Sync users, this problem will manifest when the Shop tab is clicked and The Missing Sync tries to render the Mark/Space Online Store web pages. Synchronization should not be affected.
Rolling Back Safari & WebKit
Should you wish to return to using your previous version of Safari and the stable WebKit framework, all you need do is run the uninstaller that's included with the Safari 3 beta.