View Full Version : Nokia Media Transfer

@NickyColman
24th June 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this but Nokia have finally released a Media Manager for the Mac!

It syncs with iPhoto and iTunes automatically moves songs and photos all via bluetooth or usb!

I've had a play round with it and it is great! Check it out on Nokia's website under the Mac section!!

@NickyColman
24th June 2007, 05:12 PM
This is the link by the way!

http://europe.nokia.com/A4423133

Hands0n
24th June 2007, 05:15 PM
Great find - thanks :) Is this Nokia getting all cuddly towards Macs? About time too :D

miffed
24th June 2007, 07:18 PM
hmmm - doesn't work too well for me - it started trying to sync with my n95 , got halfway through the Photos (n95>mac ) then stopped ....

I then tried the "Fill up music" option -it then showed a progress bar as it "transfered" songs to my n95 - I then get a completed message

.....Look on the N95 ...... none of them there ! magic :rolleyes:

EDIT _ Should add I have only tried via BT so far , will find the lead and try Via USB

Ben
30th June 2007, 11:29 AM
Ok, I've never really used iPhoto.

However, I've just installed Nokia Media Transfer and wow! It's just like it would be having a digital camera connected via a wire. I don't think it's transferring the full size photos, but at least now I can manage all the stuff that builds up on my phone and not lose it completely one day!

Hands0n
30th June 2007, 02:08 PM
Like Miffed I am getting so far through the transfer from phone to iPhoto and then it stops. But then seems to start again! How weird!! This is Beta software so I expect it to [typically Nokia] a bit buggy :)

Ben
30th June 2007, 03:02 PM
I think it's possible that my Macbook Pro is so awesome that it has re-written Nokia's attempt at software and installed something that works.

;)

Hands0n
30th June 2007, 03:38 PM
Very likely Ben, as anyone who does not have one of these will not have the foggiest what we are talking about. The Macbook Pro does rather deliver full-on performance from the Intel chipset. Kinda makes you wonder what on Earth Windows is doing to sap the power from the most powerful of CPU chips (I've seen it suck the life out of a pair of dual-core Xeon - that must take some doing!).

I imagine Nokia's programming code reads something like this

dosomething {
checkcpu (0);
if result == 0 do mustbeamacworkproperly
elseif result == 1 do woohooitswindowsdosomethingreallybuggy
endif;
}

....... or something like that :D

Edit: And before any of you code warriors jump all over me - its been a while since I writted any :D