View Full Version : T-mobile Payg Price Increases

solo12002
28th June 2007, 07:55 AM
In case those T-Mobile users did not get the text message or phoned 146 here it is:

We're currently updating our pay as you go plans and will be making a few changes to some of your charges from 30th July 2007. You can rest assured that our plans remain amongst the most competitive in the UK for price and that we will continue to offer you simple and innovative new tariffs like Everyone and Mates Rates.

Sorry Asda PAYG Plan now beats you at 16p for first few mins then 8p

Mates Rates Summary of changes

Calls to your mates on T-Mobile are increasing from 5p to 8p a minute from 30th July - texting them will stay at just 5p. The minimum call charge for calls to your T-Mobile mates will also be 8p. From 16th July the unique Mates Rates 5 day pass will cost £7.50, up from £5 and still great value for unlimited calls and texts to your mates on T-Mobile for 5 whole days. From 26th September we're making browsing the whole Internet on your phone with web'n'walk simpler. Rather than pay for the amount you download until you spend £1, there will be a simple daily fee of £1 which gives you 24 hours unlimited browsing.

Everyone Summary of changes
While we're changing the price of your Everyone calls you can be sure that no-one offers a better unconditional rate to every UK network for calls at any time. We'll continue to make sure that your plan is always simple and unique.

Everyone call prices will increase from 12p to 15p a minute from 30th July, an unconditional price which isn't currently bettered in the UK. LOOK AT Asda PAYG!

I wonder if this is paybeck for the new roaming charge, sorry T_Mobile Ive just gone to Asda.

Ben
28th June 2007, 08:33 AM
From 26th September we're making browsing the whole Internet on your phone with web'n'walk simpler. Rather than pay for the amount you download until you spend £1, there will be a simple daily fee of £1 which gives you 24 hours unlimited browsing.
Are they kidding me?! So, what, just connecting to check the weather on PAYG will now cost £1?

The very best thing about mobile data charges is that it (was) relatively cheap to 'dip in and out' every now and then. If this standing charge of '£1/day once some data transfer is made' happens then somebody who checks the news on their mobile on the bus every morning will see their costs rise from ~£2/month to ~£30/month.

I don't understand all the other price hikes either. Pretty much everything they have done during the last few years has said 'we're ready to lead the industry'. This information says 'we're ready to be average'.

3g-g
28th June 2007, 11:36 AM
I've heard for a while that T-Mobile have been unable to sustain the tariff structures and costing model they've had for the last few months, to the point where they were making very little revenue. It's all well and good having the most subscribers, but I don't think they're spending the cash, hence the increase in price.

I mentioned it a few weeks ago in another post, it wouldn't surprise me if the PM has a similar overhaul. :(

Hands0n
28th June 2007, 09:47 PM
This is a real shame, as it takes away from T-Mobile's splendid reputation that they established for themselves last year. Jacking up prices is hardly going to inspire people to shop with them when there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Haven't the operators learned anything yet? The British consumer is getting more savvy about prices each year.

solo12002
28th June 2007, 10:27 PM
And the news gets better!

07744 and 07755 numbers

T-Mobile have advised that 07744 and 07755 numbers are no
longer being taken out of a customers allowance. Customers will
hear an announcement before calling to be advised on the new
charges