View Full Version : AppleCare

chagle
30th June 2007, 07:11 PM
Hello all,

Just a quickie if you don't mind! :-)

When I bought my iMac I also took out the AppleCare protection.

I haven't got to register anything have I? If I should develop a problem etc. I assume I would call Apple and they would be able to call my details from my serial number including the fact that I have extended cover?

Thanks all.... :p

Ben
30th June 2007, 09:20 PM
Normally the applecare is flagged as Auto-Enrol when you buy it. I did have to register it online for one of my displays, but everything else was auto-enrolled and I'd imagine everything is these days.

I take it you received the Applecare box (or jiffy bag, as they tend to send now) containing the Applecare booklet and Techtool Deluxe CD?

chagle
30th June 2007, 09:22 PM
Hello.

Yes, got the book and CD. Plus also an email confirming everything. Just didn't know (like come extended warranty stuff) you have to register. But looks like it's all done.

:-)

Hands0n
1st July 2007, 12:14 AM
I took Applecare on all three of my Apple products and have also registered on-line. The website shows the three products and their Applecare warranty lifetime.

I didn't realise that the whole process was automatic, but no harm done I suppose :)

chagle
2nd July 2007, 12:31 AM
HandsOn - sorry, where do you go to check the registered status of items you've registered? For the life of me, I can only find a site to register new products??

Hands0n
2nd July 2007, 11:32 PM
As far as I can remember the same site where you register is where you can find out the status of your registrations, such as the date of expiry and suchlike. If you haven't registered - try doing so.

Ben
3rd July 2007, 10:51 AM
Just FWIW - the Applecare item on my shipping note that came in the box had the letters AE in the code. This stands for Auto Enroll. I also didn't have to manually enrol any of my iMac's, so I think you're sorted. You could always call Applecare to check, they'll only need your serial number.