View Full Version : New Data Plans??

3GScottishUser
3rd July 2007, 09:16 AM
Announced about 2 months ago for launch in June......what happened?

Nothing on the Orange website about the revised data offers.

Anybody know when Orange plans to make some revenue from all that expensive 3G hardware they have been throwing at the market for the last 2 years.?

Ben
3rd July 2007, 10:48 AM
They're probably licking their wounds still from that failed VAT reclaim. My guess is that they'll have to see sense soon - I mean, damn, even Vodafone has overhauled its data pricing now.

Hands0n
3rd July 2007, 07:21 PM
I saw an article in a trade mobile magazine that said that Orange have begun to realise that they've dropped in the public perception. They ran some focus groups and were quite shocked to see that they were ranking near bottom in Customer Service and product offerings - well they only had to ask :)

My guess is that they are busy trying to re-invent themselves [again] and get something out to compete with the opposition, while licking their wounds.

Twonks! It will be a while before I would contemplate Orange - nor would I recommend them to anyone else. In fact, given the reported experiences of others, I would be more likely to take on and/or recommend 3 these days!

miffed
3rd July 2007, 08:43 PM
, I would be more likely to take on and/or recommend 3 these days!

^^^^ I hear ya !

If people ask me to recommend a network these days , I tell them T-mobile , Three , then o2 !!
If you had told me that I'd be recommending T-mobile and Three to people a few years ago I'd have laughed at you !

solo12002
4th July 2007, 08:25 AM
Oh well

I hear that their data plan is going to be called: gutter as its what most ppl think thats were their network has slipped to!

Ben
4th July 2007, 08:42 AM
The article even positioned some of the blame squarely at France Telecom. Surely it couldn't possibly have anything to do with them ;)

Hands0n
4th July 2007, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately, Ben, I do honestly believe that we have to lay the blame for Orange's slippage [from pole position to somewhere in one of the sub-Basements] firmly and squarely in France Telecom's lap.

I am no Francophobe - but that nation knows nothing about competition and everything about trade-protectionism. Look how the nation hangs on to their CAP while denying all the other European nations any similar subsidies.

So from that position, how is France Telecom to compete in the UK market which is un-European in the extreme - where competition has [rightly or wrongly] been wholly embraced? How is Orange to manage its reputation with such [reportedly] shabby Customer Services where the Customer is treated with such disdain as one of our own T3G members has presented elsewhere.

Orange are in a good position to win back the goodwill that they are losing hand over fist. But they will not have long to do it - and they'll have to do a bit of tail-wagging-the-dog with FT if they are to have a hope in hell of succeeding!

hecatae
4th July 2007, 10:03 PM
3 uk have an agreement with orange to not setup a 2g network.

but to buy orange back... would they?

Hands0n
4th July 2007, 10:07 PM
FT won't let Orange go. Its the only thing they own that is making a penny bean for them these days.