View Full Version : Orange business customer service-Not!

NCM333
21st July 2007, 12:26 PM
Please allow me to rant:mad:
My work has a Orange business account I had a Sony Erricson K750i phone which packed up . Because the contract was still in date Orange wanted to charge £100 for the midcontract upgrade - fair enough. However I had a brand new Orange P990i which was an ideal phone to use for work and personal use so I got it out of the box and off I went. (Plus it was better than any of the free phones Orange offered). So now I have a 3G phone with a 2G sim. Simple -thought I- I'll ring Orange and pay them a fee to send me a new 3G sim.
How wrong can you be.......:confused:
I have spoken to loads of people at orange and each one agrees that it should be simple but they just cann't do it!!! - Its "The Rules" I accept that I will have to pay a fee but why do I have to pay £100.00 to upgrade to handset I neither want or need.
I thought I had dealt with some of the most faceless inflexible and frankly non-customer focused organisations in the world but Orange are in a legue of their own!!!!
So now I have to go buy a pay as you go 3G sim for a fiver and change the sim every time I want to collect email - go on the web.
Well done Orange in a world of Crap customer service you must now be number 1.:mad:

Ben
21st July 2007, 12:31 PM
Oh dear :(

Yes, it's true that Orange only provide 3G USIMs with 3G phones. A friend of mine took a free upgrade in the end just to get his, despite buying his own phones SIM-Free.

If I were you I'd use the P990i with your normal, 2G SIM, using GPRS data (you've used it this far, a few more months shouldn't kill you) and then upgrade once the charge has been dropped. Then you have a free phone you can sell and your 3G USIM.

Or, keep badgering Orange CS :D Welcome to Talk3G!

NCM333
21st July 2007, 02:53 PM
:)
Thanks ben.
Guess the other option is a hacked sim but I am not sure if this is urban myth??

Hands0n
21st July 2007, 07:04 PM
No surprise you're out for a bit of a rant today NCM333 :D

What a bunch of complete f*wits Orange have become of late! I'd vouch that there is another company that would behave like that - "The pooter says no!". Well, thats the standard of good old Customer Service we are coming to expect in this day and age (strangely enough those that originate from Kanning Foc's empire).

NCM333
21st July 2007, 08:28 PM
Further more:..... Its not just me!!!! - Is that a good thing??? There is a similar thread on "Lord Percy". Even the Staff at the Orange shop in the bull ring couldn't eblieve the story. Bless them they rang business cs. Only to put the phone down and go "what a bunch of w**kers". followed up with "How do they expect us to service customers with that kind of attitude. Hey ho. I do now have a pay as you go sim so we will see if the actual service is any better than the customer service???
On the up side if my work sim isn't in the phone they cann't get me :D

Hands0n
21st July 2007, 11:25 PM
Just a thought - isnt the SE K750i still under warranty? Assuming you take annual upgrades? If it is then why not get it repaired/replaced under that?

If Orange's own shopfront staff cannot make Orange CS work then all hope is well and truly lost for them. They appear to be at the bottom of the Champ to Chump cycle.

NCM333
22nd July 2007, 07:03 PM
No such luck with the old phone - it was actually my old phone form the old O2 contract we had with them - better than the crap Orange sent us so I held on to it.
I have to say O2 had many faults not the lease coverage and signal consistancy but they did allow you to walk into any O2 shop and sort any problems or upgrades out and in my experience they were both helpfull and reasonable on the charges.
Sorry Orange come November you are up the road.
I know our 15+ phones is just a drop in the Orange occean but - look after the pence and the pounds flow!!!!