View Full Version : Charging problem with my 8110

miffed
31st March 2005, 09:36 AM
My LGu8110 has started playing up while charging lately

It begins to charge ok - but then gets very hot and seems to stop at 75%

But if I stop charging and try to use it , the battery seems to die very quickly, I would be happy to beleive that I just simply need a new battery if it weren't for the fact that this seems to happen intermitantly , so it works fine for most of the time , but plays up for a few days every month or so , although even when it is working ok , the charge doesn't go over 75%

Anyone else had this problem ?

Ben
6th April 2005, 08:08 PM
I'd say send it off for repair... but by all accounts unless your phone is completely unusable that's really not a good idea :D

Don't suppose wiggling any of the connections around helps? I had a T610 with a really bad charger connection - some nights I'd put it on charge and in the morning it'd still be exactly the same :(

miffed
6th April 2005, 08:18 PM
a lot to be said for wiggling the charger (my a835 and my wifes vk207i both suffered from problems solved by "charger wiggling" lol )

No , tried that ! , at the moment it is working ok , and it is never unusable per se , so i think i'll just put up with it , just wondered if it was a common thing or just me

Ben
7th April 2005, 04:18 PM
lmao, was just googling for an answer to your question and found Talk3G! Google is on the ball, we've only been here a week or so!

It doesn't seem to be a massively common problem. A problem with the battery is still possible even if it only happens sometimes, but I guess it could be the charger or handset itself too. The only way to troubleshoot accurately would be to have a working LG with battery and charger on hand so you can try the various different combinations. Time consuming if the problem is hard to replicate though :\

Perhaps it's just one of those LG quirks, like gradually changing the language from english into something totally unreadable :D

miffed
7th April 2005, 04:59 PM
Fortunately I suspect there will be loads of "spares or repair" type LG's around soon ...

I may pick up another battery and see if that improves things

Hands0n
17th April 2005, 01:43 PM
There's almost nothing around on eBay at the moment. I found three 8110's the other night. Bid on one up to £25 and got outbid by a pound by some other oik! Grrr. A while back there were literally hundreds of the things on there ..... Very few 3G phones on there at the moment ......

Keeping an eye on another LG at the mometn http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6387247677&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT still 7 days to go and no doubt it'll bid up in the last knockings .....

delinquentwoody
18th April 2005, 03:47 PM
My 8110 seems to stop for a long time on 75% as well when charging. It seems to take no time at all to reach 75% but then will stop on that for over 8 hours sometimes before reaching 100%

Hands0n
18th April 2005, 05:00 PM
When its on 75% how long does the charge last if you take the phone walkies?

New batteries on eBay seem not too badly priced at around £4 plus ~£3 postage ..... if you're prepared to shell out more wedge on the LG.

BTW, Bid and won on an 8120 - supposed to have the new s/w in there. Soon find out. Must have holes in my head :) :)