View Full Version : EU Roaming Charges - The Small Print

Ben
1st August 2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/news/2007/07/31/EU-Roaming-Charges-The-Small-Print/p1

While the companies such as T-Mobile and Orange intend to notify customers that the EU is stipulating a reduction in roaming charges, they won't actually reduce them to under the limits until August 30th and only then if requested to do so. Even better, if you don't ask for your charges be reduced, you'll be paying full-wack until the 30th of September. Even with Gordon on holiday I can practically hear his screams of indignation.
Surely surely surely not?

3g-g
1st August 2007, 11:29 AM
Imagine it, each of the networks 16 million customers calling their relevant CS line asking for their charges to be reduced! Absolute madness!

Ben
1st August 2007, 03:31 PM
Such practice would surely have little financial benefit given a) administration costs and b) CS costs and loss of goodwill when customers come back from holidays, thinking they've had lowish rates, only to find massive bills on their matts.

This would have to be purely retribution on the regulator...

Hands0n
10th August 2007, 11:57 PM
I've said it before - self-regulation of this lot of cowboys is not viable and they are proving this beyond any measure of doubt. The EU will have to regulate these mobile operators kicking and screaming all of the way. They [the mobops] do not want an open market, preferring their cosy little cartel under the GSMA umbrella. I would, if I were in charge, order the GSMA to be disbanded and outlawed.