New book out today in 3 stores.

Coming soon section now in the book and we are due to get:

Nokia 6500
Sony Ericsson K850
Sony Ericsson W910
Sony Ericsson K530

3GScottishUser
1st August 2007, 10:53 AM
The Nokia 6500 comes in two flavours. The classic is not as good as the 6120 but a bit slimmer and a slider version which has all the bells and whistles. Neither of the 6500 phones support HSDPA.

The SE 530i looks like an updated version of the popular K610i with similar features but no HSDPA.

The SE W910i is a Walkman Slider phone with 2MP camera and is HSDPA compatable.

The SE K850i is a Cybershot phone which replaces the K800/810i. It has some new features including a 5 MP camera, HSDPA and EDGE support. This phone sports stereo bluetooth, web browser and RSS reader.

All of the above are due for release in Q3 and Q4 2007 and full specifications and images can be viewed at www.mobilegazette.com

Ben
1st August 2007, 03:33 PM
The W910i and K850i are definitely going to be a big part of 3's lineup, I'd imagine. Good to see HSDPA going mainstream, too. Relatively speaking the migration from vanilla 3G to HSDPA has been quite timely.

whatleydude
1st August 2007, 03:44 PM
The N95's been confirmed for this month too folks.

Aug 4th for new customers and Aug 11th for existing...

3GScottishUser
1st August 2007, 03:49 PM

I suspect 3 UK have missed the boat with this model as most folks who want one will probably already have it.

Good to see 3 heading down the quality route with big brand offerings. A far cry from the days of NEC, Amoi and ZTE. Now all they have to do is get the customer service issues sorted!!

miffed
1st August 2007, 05:20 PM

:confused: N95 ? , what's that then ....

...... Oh .... I remember ! , that flash Nokia from ages ago !:D:cool:

Yeah , it was quite good in its day , nice to see 3 pushing back the boundaries as ever :D

whatleydude
2nd August 2007, 10:50 AM
Dude - I'm no 3 fan. By any stretch of the imagination.

But an N95? On X-Series?
You'd be mad not to...

3GScottishUser
2nd August 2007, 02:12 PM
Dude - I'm no 3 fan. By any stretch of the imagination.

But an N95? On X-Series?
You'd be mad not to...

Better off with Web'N'Walk Pro as T-Mobile have HSDPA wherever they have 3G and best of all you can use your handset as a modem with a PDA or a laptop and make full use of the Internet as you please.

getti
2nd August 2007, 02:34 PM
Better off with Web'N'Walk Pro as T-Mobile have HSDPA wherever they have 3G and best of all you can use your handset as a modem with a PDA or a laptop and make full use of the Internet as you please.

3 will be sorting out better data packages from next month... just look at 3ireland offering 10gb a month as modem.... would be better than web'n'walk then

Ben
2nd August 2007, 05:32 PM
Web'n'Walk Pro is a very good offering, but for somebody just wanting on-handset data usage an N95 with 3's £5/mo data plan would be a good value proposition.

I feel that Three is releasing this handset far too late, though. I don't think the N95 really has a successor yet, but I can't help feeling that it's already horribly dated.

3GScottishUser
2nd August 2007, 05:42 PM
3 will be sorting out better data packages from next month... just look at 3ireland offering 10gb a month as modem.... would be better than web'n'walk then

I dare say there are even better offers in some other countries!!

3 Ireland have the luxury of a brand new network at their disposal which like T-Mobiles UK 3G network is fully HSDPA enabled. 3 Ireland also have a small user base so capacity is less of an issue.

What a UK customer has to consider is what is available in the UK presently. There are plenty of examples of handsets and services on offer in different countries by multinationals that might never come to market in the UK.

It's a bit of a minefield again with operators adding on extras to make tariffs even better value. You really need to do your sums with things like Flext/Free Evenings & Weekends, Vodafone Stop the Clock and Family out there. It's no longer as easy as simply comparing inclusive minutes and texts!

solo12002
3rd August 2007, 09:07 PM
" It's a bit of a minefield again with operators adding on extras to make tariffs even better value. You really need to do your sums with things like Flext/Free Evenings & Weekends, Vodafone Stop the Clock and Family out there. It's no longer as easy as simply comparing inclusive minutes and texts"

Why what if you only want the mins and texts? Whats wrong with these offers is if they are so good they should be part of the plan in the first place, no one shoul have to op in to things like passport etc.

When will the networks get the point, clear easy to understand price plans which offer value for money with out all the crap of add ons etc.

3GScottishUser
3rd August 2007, 10:47 PM
When will the networks get the point, clear easy to understand price plans which offer value for money with out all the crap of add ons etc.

Agreed, but deals like Passport are well worth opting into. 75p to receive a call anywhere in Europe for up to 60 minutes and 75p + your home tarriff to make calls home. It's a craking deal and as long as you remain on a Vodafone partner network you can remain in contact anywhere in 29 countries.

It would be even better if all calls were like at home but for now the Vodafone deal is the clearest value for travellers who travel thoughout Europe.

Networks always try to encourage on-net usage, they all offer cheaper calls to encourage users to get their contacts to sign up. Classic marketing really and it's unlikely to change.

Irish3GUser
6th August 2007, 01:18 PM
I dare say there are even better offers in some other countries!!

3 Ireland have the luxury of a brand new network at their disposal which like T-Mobiles UK 3G network is fully HSDPA enabled. 3 Ireland also have a small user base so capacity is less of an issue.

As a user of 3 Irelands network, i strongly disagree with above comment. 3 launched their HSDPA product over here 2/3 months ago. I signed up then and it was an excellent deal, really fast speeds in 3G areas, and only €20/month but now, the service is really bad, the speeds now are slower than dial up, it seems they have over subscribed their network and with their lower number of cell sites and low bandwidth backhaul, there network have nearly ground to a halt, yet they still advertise on the radio. Alot of people, me included are getting out of this contract, interesting thread relating to this can be found at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

They have proved the technology works, for a few weeks anyway but now it's a complete shambles, nationwide and coupled with Indian call centre who think all Irish callers are from the UK, and are only able to keep repeating the same 3 or 4 statements over and over again...turning into a disaster over here...

3GScottishUser
6th August 2007, 05:53 PM
Oh Dear.

It has long been known that the data capacity even with 3G is quite limited and it's not hard to max out a cell site with just a few users accessing services like streaming TV etc. HSDPA certainly improves the speed of the downloads etc (most noticably on a laptop) but I am not sure if it increases the capacity. I have always thought that if the transmission speed is greater then the user will take less time to download and therefore the overall capacity would be better. Of course with many more users taking up the option of high speed data this benefit could be short lived!

Having had a brief look around and whilst the speed is much better with HSDPA it is still dependent on network capacity and bandwidth. It could be that a few HSDPA users might well be able to max out a site and if that is the case it will be bad news for those who simply rely on phones to make voice and text contact. Early days but not encouraging news.