View Full Version : 3 offers

Ronin47
20th August 2007, 12:20 PM
First off hello all great forum you have here :)
And cheers to gorilla for answering my many pm's about three.

I found the site after trying to track down some northern Ireland three users to see how they had found the service before i switched.

I was wondering the latest offers on the, 3 website are all available until the 31st of this month is it worth waiting until after then so see a new round of offers ie am i best holding on until next month to see what's new if i am not in that big a hurry to switch .

also the inclusive minutes i take it they are x network ?

Cheers

all

solo12002
20th August 2007, 07:18 PM
Firstly I understand will have some new type of data access comming in sept which I think will let you have VOIP calls and use handset as a modem, so i would wait. Details below if they are correct:

Mobile phone users on 3 UK's network will soon be able to get ultra-fast mobile broadband on their phones with next month's launch of 3Turbo, 3's high-speed 3G HSDPA service.

3 users will also be able to choose from a range of new data usage deals that will offer unrestricted access to web-based services, including VoIP.

3 UK is launching its 3G HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) mobile broadband service under the 3Turbo banner. It's aiming to spread the message of high-speed content downloading and web surfing on mobiles.

The 3Turbo mobile broadband service will be available on a selection of HSDPA-enabled mobile phone handsets, as well as with a new USB modem for laptops that 3 is releasing at the same time.

is also introducing a spread of 3 new data tariffs. Mobile Broadband Light offers 1GB of data usage for £10 a month, Mobile Broadband Plus allows 3GB of data usage for £15 a month, and Mobile Broadband Max, gives 7GB of data usage for £25 per month.

HSDPA-enabled 3G network
The three deals will be available for USB modem users, while the first two of these deals will be available as add-on data packages for existing 3 handset subscribers at launch. The Max add-on will be made available later this year.

3's HSDPA-enabled 3G network will be capable of maximum data download speeds of up to 3.6Mbps, although 3 is advertising the service at its realistic real-world rate of up to 2.8Mbps. The 3Turbo mobile broadband service will launch on 3 September.

The roll-out of 3's HSDPA service will be in stages, with the first phase including northern England (north of Birmingham), Scotland, Northern Ireland and inside London (between north and south circular) - covering around 50 per cent of the UK population.

A series of roll-outs will expand the service across southern England, covering 85 per cent of the UK population by December this year. 3 expects it to expand to 90 per cent of the UK population by July 2008.

Secondly cals are xnet, I dont think that incls 0800 numbers etc.

thirdly if you send a private message to : gorilla on this fourm he will be able to help like myself hes from Northern ireland has has used his mobile in NI , the south and other parts of the UK so he will be able to advise on coverage etc.

Like yourself im waiting to see what offers are cumming, Im not in a hurry as I have a govement phone supplies to be even if it is on O2 and a nokia lol.

Ronin47
20th August 2007, 07:39 PM
sounds interesting cheers for the reply

right little norn iron gathering on here :)

gorilla
21st August 2007, 09:04 AM
That makes 3 then. mmm, I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere!

Only glad to help.

solo12002
21st August 2007, 05:57 PM
Are we refering to your three inches again!

gorilla
21st August 2007, 08:32 PM
I thought you said that was plenty for you?