View Full Version : Free 3G USB modem if you order before 4th Sep 2007

Hands0n
29th August 2007, 10:42 PM
The headline says it all, and what a bargain on the £15pcm/3GB or £25pcm/7GB plans (http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/mobile_broadband_/index.omp).

Want a free USB Modem?
Pre order Broadband Plus or Max online before 4th September and receive a free 3 USB Modem.

The only thing is that 3's Coverage Checker (http://www.three.co.uk/personal/coverage_/coverageChecker.do) suggests that Turbo will not be available anywhere in the country yet (even though its supposed to be out in September, October and November).

Ben
29th August 2007, 11:36 PM
Nice!

I'm quite excited about this launch. Is anyone here planning to buy into it? I'm really hoping someone will be able to post all the juicy details, I'm sure we'll happily guide the willing through speed tests, pings, pathpings and tracerouets so we can see whether the Internet really is going mobile and whether customers are going to get what they're paying for.

Hands0n
30th August 2007, 07:24 AM
I have a thought to consolidate my mobile technology. With a change of job I really don't need two mobiles now and could probably better use this offer. But it would mean jettisonning T-Mobile and I don't really want to do that...... Decisions decisions :) The alternative may be to trim off the extras that I have on Vodafone/T-Mobile and dedicate the money to one of these £15 contracts.

But then again, the spectre of 3's CS is everpresent on my mind - they really did stuff me up three times since their inception. Do I want to expose myself to that risk again?!

miffed
30th August 2007, 02:49 PM
I am pondering one of the £15 jobs TBH

I have just moved house , and am so far a week into not having an internet connection :mad:

T-mobiles W&W and the "Internet Sharing" app on the Ameo has been a godsend - browsing is lightening fast !

The only problem is that I *shouldn't really* be doing it on W&W standard , and am probably pushing my luck every time I use it !

- I have also taken the Macbook to work and used t'internet (we only have dialup there !) - comes in very handy ! so I may consider trying Three's offering - but then I may not :p

Hands0n
30th August 2007, 06:58 PM
Hmm, the choice seems easy to me. For £12.50 on T-Mobile WnW+ you get 3GB to play with. The uplift from normal WnW is only another £5 - so you're £10 better off than taking the 3 package. If you look at it that way :D

getti
30th August 2007, 07:16 PM
All the network from Birmingham upwards will be HSDPA by 4th September.

85% of the network coverage by end of December with the other 5% rolled out until July

Hands0n
30th August 2007, 09:50 PM
All the network from Birmingham upwards will be HSDPA by 4th September.

Am I missing something here? Isn't the South East and including London and its boroughs not the highest per capita user of mobile phones? So whats so special about "Birmingham upwards" - surely that should be "downwards".

hecatae
2nd September 2007, 11:26 PM
free modem and 1gb data a month for £10:D

Hands0n
3rd September 2007, 06:35 AM
Thats interesting - the offer was only on the £15 and £25 contracts. Did they change their mind then? Or did you get a special favour?? Also, apart from 1GB, are there any restrictions on how you can use the data?

solo12002
3rd September 2007, 08:28 AM
Funny Im thinking of thaking this out to. Not sure if I should go for the 1Gb or the 3GB one?

I think I have coverage in Bangor NI its a bit hard to work out on their map as its shows a green tint in the area even a light one?

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/coverage_/coverageChecker.do

I have unlimitied BB at home but this would be useful for travelling etc and I note you can have this as a add on to your mobile phone, I wounder how that works with x- series?

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/mobile_broadband_/gotaquestion.omp

miffed
3rd September 2007, 10:22 AM
hmm, I got RIGHT up to clicking the "buy" button , then I realised I'd be better off simply upgrading my W&W to W&W Plus instead of tie-ing myself in with Three (which would have been a bold move for me !!! )

The Ameo is a miracle of moden technology for this purpose - zero configuration , simply click "connect" on the Ameo and "Join network" on the Mac - In fact , we have no internet connection at home atm (waiting for sky :confused: ) - and the poor little Ameo has turned into an access point !!
(used very sparingly of course :D ) - not a word or restriction from T-mobile as yet , but I don't want to push my luck , fortunately I have two W & W contracts running , I am not using my main one for this purpose , so any restriction will be heeded and won't be the end of the world !

solo12002
3rd September 2007, 09:18 PM
Mobile Internet –International Roaming
From September 17th international data roaming will be
launched:
Three data bands (Bands 2&3 are different from voice and
text banding)
Band 1 EU -£3 per MB (inc. VAT)
Band 2 -£3 per MB (no VAT applies) ? Bit Cheeky that one!
Band 3 -£6 per MB (no VAT applies)
Customers can opt out of International Data roaming
via My3 (independently of international access for voice
and text)
Web browsing and ‘handset as modem’, USB modem,
Datacards are all available
Email, Planet 3, Sling and Orb, WLM etc are excluded. Please
refer to three.co.uk for a full list of exclusions
Many international networks will be at 2G speeds
Not all voice and text roaming networks offer data but the
list of available networks is growing rapidly (see three.co.uk)
PLEASE NOTE -If you roam within 3 like home , you will be able to
use your data allowance as per your contract in the U.K.

http://www.hughsymonscommunications.co.uk/documents/hscm/pdf/9_2007_hscm_pdf_three_sep2.pdf

getti
3rd September 2007, 10:49 PM
Yup and thats cheaper roaming than T-Mobile and Vodafone on a PAYG basis. Will also allow for more MMS use which will be very nice

gorilla
4th September 2007, 09:13 AM
I think I have coverage in Bangor NI its a bit hard to work out on their map as its shows a green tint in the area even a light one?
http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/mobile_broadband_/gotaquestion.omp

I get a decent 3g signal in Bangor on my mobile, so I would assume you should be ok with this. :confused: