View Full Version : Upgrade now and save £15

Hands0n
2nd September 2007, 05:54 PM
Well thats a turn up on T-Mobile. If you upgrade when the time arrives to do so, and don't take on a new phone as part of the upgrade they'll drop your monthly rental by £15! Thats £270 on an 18-month contract and £180 on a 12-month contract. Not quite sufficient to buy the latest and greatest SIM-free elsewhere but a goodly return if you're that way inclined.

Not seen anyone else doing this - yet.

chagle
2nd September 2007, 06:36 PM
That's excellent - My contract it up for renewal in November. Might do that rather than take a handset. Could always look on eBay for a handset...

Ben
2nd September 2007, 06:45 PM
Gah! I'd die for Flext+WnW with £15/mo off! I wonder if they'd do the same deal on a new contract with no phone :S

Hands0n
2nd September 2007, 07:13 PM
No harm in asking :)

bsrjl1
2nd September 2007, 10:01 PM
Online it offered me £5 discount at the end of my 12 months W&W Pro sub, phoned them up to cancel & it was raised to £10/month. Couldn't get them to £15 discount.

chagle
2nd September 2007, 10:36 PM
Well thats a turn up on T-Mobile. If you upgrade when the time arrives to do so, and don't take on a new phone as part of the upgrade they'll drop your monthly rental by £15! Thats £270 on an 18-month contract and £180 on a 12-month contract. Not quite sufficient to buy the latest and greatest SIM-free elsewhere but a goodly return if you're that way inclined.

Not seen anyone else doing this - yet.

Hi Hands0n - Is this on their website or something? I see the latest poster only got £10 out of them :-0

Hands0n
2nd September 2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, on the T-Mobile website - in My T-Mobile after you've logged in!

The upgrade offer may be based on the individual's contract. I'm on 18 month Flext35 with WnW Plus - I logged into My T-Mobile and selected the Upgrade button on the left of the screen. Several options are then available, one of which is without Phone for £15 discount per month. Thats pretty good on top of the 25% I get anyway when they launched Flext. The link for me is https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/service/upgrade/upgradeOffer.do - (see attachment) but it may not show if you're on another plan!

If you couple that with Free Evenings and Weekends the T-Mobile offering justs gets better and better!

chagle
2nd September 2007, 11:23 PM
I see. It's obviously not giving me any upgrade options yet as I have another 2 months to do. But I like the idea of cheaper line rental, then again.. I also like the idea of a new N95 in November too. Wonder if I can have both.. LOL

PS - How do you add attachments to vBulletin?

Ben
3rd September 2007, 12:11 AM
If you're using Quick Reply, either click Post Reply or Go Advanced to use the full reply system. There's a button called Manage Attachments in Additional Options.

chagle
3rd September 2007, 07:32 AM
That easy - and I've just seen the button you're talking about! :-) I've never scrolled down that far when sending a msg. :-)