View Full Version : Vodafone ES (Spain) HSDPA

Ben
7th September 2007, 08:24 AM
Tell you what, HSDPA in Spain on Vodafone is working great. The rate on Mobile Broadband tariffs, I've taken one of my SIM's and my USB modem which is hanging out of my Mac as we speak, is £8.50 per 24h period (subject to fair usage) and, while I know it's expensive, it really hits a price/performance/convenience sweet spot. It 'just works'.

Using the raw connection I was having a few pages with some things, such as my proprietary web based email, but establishing a VPN connection back to the office really makes this a home from home.

Bandwidth isn't quite as vast as in the UK, I get about 900k download, but it's plenty. I was just surprised to get HSDPA at all - but in all honesty I was using the Mac for 30 mins in the car the other day, through tunnels and all sorts, and didn't lose the connection, or HSDPA, once! Eat that Blighty.

Pings are good, routed through the VPN I'm getting 200ms to London. That's better than most of the UK mobile networks could manage on home turf ;)

So, thumbs up for Vodafone Mobile Broadband once again.

Hands0n
7th September 2007, 08:43 PM
Nice result there Ben - our roving reporter of the day :) That £8.50/24h is not really too bad considering. For everyday use it could work out pretty hefty but its got to be oodles better than the ridiculous £500+ bills that people used to get when roaming data.