View Full Version : Opera for 6680

davidlove
1st May 2005, 11:08 AM
Anyone know if there's a version in the pipeline? Can't install 6630 version, says "file corrupted".

TIA.

Ben
1st May 2005, 01:46 PM
Opera installs fine on mine. Hated it though! Might put it back on at some stage, I think it probably does have the edge on the preinstalled browser in some cases.

davidlove
3rd May 2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks Ben, it installed fine after I rebooted my PC. I think Opera beats the WAP browser hands down, particularly for its intelligent use of keyboard shortcuts. And the hero of the piece is Opera's Mobile Accelerator, which strips out all the sh*t and has reduced my GPRS download volume by 70%-80%. Big cost saving if like me you often use the phone outside Europe.

Ben
3rd May 2005, 07:12 PM
I might well try the Accelerator... it came with a 3 month free trial so I guess I might as well! Other than that I've found it a bit frustrating at times with websites not working that really should do if you take all the Opera blurb as red, but I'm kinda known for overly high expectations of most things!

Glad it's working now though! *founds the 6680-love society*

davidlove
4th May 2005, 02:40 PM
Read that Opera will be default browser on N70. So they must be doing something right!