View Full Version : £35+ tariffs get FREE Data....

3GScottishUser
25th September 2007, 02:07 PM
O2 is set to roll out free unlimited download offers with its tariffs from 1 October, mirroring the iPhone packages set for the phone's launch in November.

Matthew Key, the network's CEO, revealed at the iPhone launch last week that the offer will be available on 18-month contracts, subject to a fair usage clause that allows the user to view up to 1,400 pages per day. The unlimited data will be available alongside Wi-Fi on iPhone contracts of £35, £45 and £55.

An O2 spokesperson confirmed that the unlimited data deals will be offered on other tariffs, but no further details have been released.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/content/16905.asp?men=1&sub=6

So no need for extras like Web'n'Walk, X-series and the like.... it's taken 02 a while but I suspect this is exacly the type of thing that will make the Mobile Internet popular.

Ben
25th September 2007, 02:40 PM
I suspect this is exacly the type of thing that will make the Mobile Internet popular.
Spot on. People don't want to pay extra for something that has no value to them yet.

The potential of 'free' data is enough, I think, to finally get the mobile Internet wagon rolling. We should see some truly unique applications arise.

gorilla
25th September 2007, 03:13 PM
This is the major step the market has been waiting for. It's something tmobile could counter with, by bundling data into the standard flext tariff. Let's hope the rest follow suit.

3GScottishUser
25th September 2007, 05:56 PM
This is the major step the market has been waiting for. It's something tmobile could counter with, by bundling data into the standard flext tariff. Let's hope the rest follow suit.

T-Mobile already do in a way as they discount their flext tariffs when bought direct almost covering the cost of the data add-on.

Overall the 02 deal is more transparent and a step in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see if the inclusive talktime and SMS allownace is amended?

Hands0n
25th September 2007, 07:24 PM
O2's offer would be better if their 3G data network actually worked. But it doesn't and isn't likely to any time soon now given their tight focuss on installing obsolete EDGE technology into their network.

Nice try O2 - no banana today.

solo12002
25th September 2007, 09:42 PM
3 GSU

so explain it to me, im confused. In one post you state " Overall the 02 deal is more transparent and a step in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see if the inclusive talktime and SMS allownace is amended?"

in another you state "An O2 spokesperson confirmed that the unlimited data deals will be offered on other tariffs, but no further details have been released"

So how did you reach your option!

3GScottishUser
25th September 2007, 10:03 PM
Perhaps the i-phone inclusive benefits provide a clue?

Maybe?

We will see.