View Full Version : Which phone?

gorilla
25th September 2007, 10:25 PM
OK, let's say I'm going to buy a sim free phone to go with my 3 contract. What would you get?

I'm thinking, E65 - logical like for like purchase.

However, I kinda like the 6110 navigator, as it has a bit more than the e65. (newer S60 os, hsdpa, etc)

Although I've played with a mates 6120 and its ok, and only £109.

I've always been intrigued by the E61 and it's new sibling the e61i. What are they like?

I don't like the N95 - don't ask me why, I just don't know.

So, if you had to buy a handset tomorrow what would you get?

Hands0n
25th September 2007, 11:41 PM
N95 :D

But then it really depends on what you are after in a modern handset.

gorilla
26th September 2007, 11:37 AM
Right, forget what I said above as I've ordered an N95 on O2 (free phone, 12 month contract at £35 per month). The reason being that they are supposed to be delivered unlocked and hence my 3 sim can go in. We'll wait and see.

Ben
26th September 2007, 06:02 PM
Good luck! What are you going to do with the O2 contract?

I'm holding out for the N95 8GB, it looks quite delectable, but we'll see.

gorilla
26th September 2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah, the new 8gb looks good. With regard to the O2 contract, I'll just have to phone more people. Although, it's not in stock, so depending on the outcome with 3, I might not keep it.

gorilla
27th September 2007, 11:02 AM
Well despite having the email yesterday telling me it was out of stock, a further email last night confirmed that it was dispatched. A quick check on dhl to track the package has it out for delivery today.
Ah well, there's no one home!

Hands0n
27th September 2007, 09:23 PM
I feel yer pain :D

gorilla
28th September 2007, 09:30 AM
Well, I managed to pick it up from the depot last night, so I have a fully debranded sim free nokia N95. If the NSU had the E65 I wouldn't be in this mess!
The O2 version of the N95 was the latest firmware, but a quick change of the product code allowed me to overwrite the current firmware with nokia's generic version. I have to say, the O2 version wasn't heavily branded, but the differences do make a difference. Just little things like the screensaver and shortcut keys. I much prefer working off the base nokia version and then personalising the way I want.
I'll have to do a compare and contrast on the N95 v E65. Check out the Nokia board.