View Full Version : sms allways 95% full

ambercat
28th September 2007, 05:20 PM
No matter how much stuff i delete i can only receive one message then memory full.if i send one i cant accept reply unitil ive deleted that.Ive deleted loads of videos albums ect and it makes no difference its driving me mad any ideas before i end up throughing it at a wall:mad: thanks

Hands0n
28th September 2007, 06:16 PM
No matter how much stuff i delete i can only receive one message then memory full.if i send one i cant accept reply unitil ive deleted that.Ive deleted loads of videos albums ect and it makes no difference its driving me mad any ideas before i end up throughing it at a wall:mad: thanks

Hello Ambercat - welcome to Talk3G. My initial thoughts are that something has got screwed up in the configuration of the handset, probably where you cannot get to remedy it. I think that the best option would be for you to perform a Factory Reset on the handset. I'm not sure where the menu item to do that is, but all handsets have this feature. It will put the thing back to how it was when you first received it.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS - please make sure that you back up the Contacts to your SIM card (Copy to SIM) or PC if you're using SE's PC Sync software. A Factory Reset will lose these for you. Also any content that you want to keep - it sounds like you've already deleted much of it already.

If the Factory Reset does not work the handset may need re-flashing and for that it will have to go back to the mobile network or if it is under warranty a SE repair centre.

3g-g
28th September 2007, 10:41 PM
One other thing, have you any messages stored on the SIM itself? My other half had a bunch of messages stored on her SIM, that she was unaware of, and only found out on a recent upgrade when the handset asked if she'd like the messages imported from the card itself. On her previous handset she regularly got a SMS full message even though the inbox was empty! Have you an option to save to SIM or anything?

hecatae
29th September 2007, 07:08 PM
the simcard can hold 20 messages

100 / 20 = 5

5 x 19 = 95% full

check the outbox, drafts, and sent items.