View Full Version : What is it with Vodafone Voicemail?

Hands0n
28th September 2007, 09:22 PM
It has been weeks now - and no voicemail service from Vodafone.

I finally cracked and spoke with two CSRs tonight - one gave me a couple of numbers to try 1210 (Reset diverts) and 1211 (Set up voicemail diverts) - but neither of these worked. Long pause, nothing happens, disconnect with a single beep.

The problem is that upon dialling any of the voicemail 12xx numbers I get a long pause, nothing, and then disconnected.

The second CSR I spoke with said that my voicemailbox did not exist. He had a bit of a struggle with the systems to configure it but persisted and said that it was set up. He told me to try it several times over the next while as it may not work immediately. It didn't. And it still does not work.

Apparently I am registered on a faulty HLR. Great! Why not just sort out the faulty HLR then instead of leaving me for weeks and weeks without a voicemail service? My friends, family and Customers are getting a tad fed up with hitting engaged tone or RNR when calling me.

Vodafone have got to get a grip, they are a splendid if expensive network operator with a fairly loyal bunch of Customers supporting the brand. But goodwill is not a bottomless pit. I really do not want to go through the next 15 months of my remaining contract feeling quite to miffed at Vodafone's technical prowess.

Their CSRs are near faultless in their approach at handling my calls, and a big slap on their backs for that. I'm always impressed at their courtesy and attempt at helpfulness. But all of that counts for now't if the systems sabotage their every effort. Pretty soon they'll be facing an angry crowd, and by then no one will be winning.

bsrjl1
28th September 2007, 09:48 PM
That's what happens when you write your own HLR software & don't buy one from Nokia or Lucent...

3g-g
28th September 2007, 10:48 PM
That's what happens when you write your own HLR software & don't buy one from Nokia or Lucent...

Do they!?? Bloody hell.

Hands0n, I know this isn't an ideal solution, but why not divert the calls from your Vodafone (after a certain time, i think you can do that) to another handset that has a working voicemail service? Or better yet, just divert all your calls to T-Mobile and send Vodafone the bill for the divert costs. You run a business, why should you miss out because Vodafone can't provide a service?

I've got to say, no voicemail is beyond poor. Vodafone, what's going on!? You better watch out they don't start charging you for no voicemail in some sort of billing mishap... surely the billing would be OK at Vodafone towers? :rolleyes:

Hands0n
28th September 2007, 10:49 PM
This is really starting to get up my nose! I followed the advice, left it for 30 mins before trying 1211 or 121 - no joy. Remembered some advice given when when we lost voicemail on all of our company Vodafones (more than 1,000!). Switched the handset off, and left it off for 30 mins, then re-started it. Same'o same'o - does not work.

No way to run a network, or should be be "a notwork"

whatleydude
29th September 2007, 11:17 AM
I'd sod it off and get SpinVox...

;)