View Full Version : SPV M3100 / HTC Hermes / TyTn / MDA Vario II / Vodafone VPA

3g-g
5th October 2007, 01:19 AM
Whatever you want to call it, I've just ordered one. It's pushing on a little bit, and I'd thought about the m700, but there's no keyboard for that, and I really send a lot of email and text on the move so the M3100 fits the bill!

I've had Wundoze devices for quite a while, in the 2G version though, and as much as I don't really care for the OS, I'm intrigued as to whether this will change my mind; 1. as it's 3G, so everything should be quicker than GPRS ever was (think: watching grass grow, paint dry..) and 2. it's Windows 5.0... I think the PDA I have just now is 2003!

I have to say I'm extremely used to being able to get everything on the move nowadays, be that home email, work email pushed by an exchange server, the internet, Skype for VoIP, the usual text and MMS.. and now I'll be able to video call from the same device instead of having a phone and PDA. Does anyone actually video call, is it just me?

You'll no doubt hear of my tales of woe should this prove a bad decision, but I'm trying to get out of carting 2 devices about all the time, I'm hoping this will do it. I'll be moving away from Symbian completely, is that a wise move? I know of one person on here that loves Windows mobile devices with a passion, I'm sure he's related to Bill ;) I'm hoping he'll be able to reassure me with my choice!

Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes.

G.

miffed
5th October 2007, 08:51 AM
Well I liked it ! :D

I had the M3100 , I was pleased with performance & size , If you get on with the windows OS then you will like this device

What incarnation have you ordered ? Apparently the tytn has its office capabilities crippled , obviously you can sort this out with a quick .cab intsall I expect - but the features all worked on the m3100
'I had to turn HSDPA on manually ( :( ) - with a registry hack in the Orange version - but I think this is on as standard on all others - again, even if it isn't, a simple .cab install will give you a "tweak" app that lets you switch it on without messing around with registry hacks
If you are feeling adventerous there are readily available WM6 roms knocking around the usual places ... Although I haven't used them on the the Tytn myself , I upgraded an HTC Universal and now an Athena and in both machines it was an improvement - so worth doing !
Good luck ! :D