View Full Version : Well, here we are then!

Hands0n
7th October 2007, 01:07 PM
Seven days into the final quarter of 2007 and the immediate future for 3G is all looking rather dull. Lets just consider this for a brief moment :) What have we truly got in store to whet the appetite of the Christmas buyer.

Number one in the publicity stakes has got to be the Apple iPhone soon to be released in the UK by O2 exclusively. Much has been said of this device, and more is no doubt yet to come. But apart from the glitzy touchscreen interface and direct-access voicemail (I do like that idea) the iPhone is entirely average for Europe.

The next most sophisticated and capable handset seems to be the Nokia N95 - but, by technology standards, that is all a bit "old hat" now. It has, after all, been out for more than six months.

The update to the Nokia N95 is the Nokia N95 8GB (8Gigabyte memory) and the Nokia N81 8GB. These are imminent, one hopes that Nokia have got a better grip on their Symbian S60 deployment - but recent history suggests not.

Okay - so I'm beginning to sound like a Nokia fanboy, what else is there?

How about the new LG Prada II due out any time now, 3G and HSDPA to complement its [then] first on the scene touchscreen? It is LG, and one has to like that brand as it has usage quirks that can be a bit difficult to get over.

Samsung do not seem to have anything much to shout about, a good steady conservative line of handsets over the years culminating in their current crop of lookalikes.

Motorola have rediscovered the RAZR. How boring could that be? You have to wish them well, but I simply can't see us all rushing out to buy these in sack-loads.

So have I missed something or is Christmas 2007 really going to be a rather boring time in the mobile handset sector of the Christmas stocking?

getti
7th October 2007, 05:50 PM
I have a U990 (Prada 2) from LG i am doing a review on now for Today On 3G

miffed
7th October 2007, 05:57 PM
lets not forget the HTC Touch Dual ? :o

hecatae
7th October 2007, 06:15 PM
K850 and W910

RIZR Z10

W960

Ben
7th October 2007, 06:36 PM
The K850 and W910 should be big sellers for Sony Ericsson. I'm not sure just how much 'new' they bring to the table, but they're well specified evolutionary additions to popular product ranges.

I'm with Hands0n, though - the prospects aren't great.

miffed
7th October 2007, 08:11 PM
I say ! .... HTC Touch Dual ? HSDPA ? touch flo ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZaRx-sBNI&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tupk8MYLhMk&mode=related&search=

Ben
7th October 2007, 11:24 PM
Did anybody just see a post from miffed?

I could have sworn I just saw a post from him... :D

Just watched that first video - looks naff, sorry Mr!

chagle
8th October 2007, 07:58 AM
Personally I am thinking about the SE k850i - Was thinking about the N95 but not sure if I could handle anything as slow as the N73 - I've had a play with an N95, OK it's not as slow - but certainly not as fast/smooth as I would like. AND will it get slower after time like the N73?

We will see.. :-)

Ben
8th October 2007, 11:38 AM
Hopefully the N95 8GB, with its additional RAM and bigger battery, will be the phone the N95 was always supposed to be.

I do like SE's, but they have a certain Fisher Price simplicity to them.

chagle
8th October 2007, 11:49 AM
I know what you mean. In all honestly, I'm probably going to take cheaper line rental when my contracts up next month with T-Mobile and get a new phone from eBay as and when I decide.

I like to try something different like the SE - But the N95 8GB might just swing it for me...! Maybe a prezzie for me in the new year.

miffed
8th October 2007, 04:48 PM
Well i've just satisfied my craving - a shiny new HSDPA / HSUPA Vario III (HTC Kaiser) is on its way to me :D - Decided against becoming a paying beta tester for Nokia - if they ever get around to selling any e90's , they can get some other mug to pay through the nose for the 'privalege' of discovering all the bugs for them

Enjoy your N95 8GBs boys -I am sure they'll be bug free ......

heh heh , ha , ah ha , ha ha Ha ha HA HA ....

........ A HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

Ben
8th October 2007, 06:13 PM
heh heh , ha , ah ha , ha ha Ha ha HA HA ....

........ A HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA !!!!
I feel like I'm in a flashback to the episode of South Park I was watching last night... a 'little person' comes into school, and all Eric Cartman can do whenever he sees him is laugh, just like that :D Oh, he does throw in the odd words like 'Look at his little legs', but I guess that's not appropriate here.