View Full Version : Smartphone Show Live Coverage!

getti
16th October 2007, 07:47 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/todayon3g/sets/72157602432793320/

whatleydude
16th October 2007, 10:24 AM
I'm supposed to be there today...

sigh

Ben
16th October 2007, 10:42 AM
When do we get more photos? :p

getti
16th October 2007, 11:32 AM
Check back now. Just been in a Keynote with the head of NTT DoCoMo who i shook hands with after :)

Nice guy!

Ben
16th October 2007, 01:28 PM
What did you think of the N95 8GB? Looks stunning...

getti
16th October 2007, 08:48 PM
to be honest its only what the original should have been. It was a very nice phone with a huge screen but it did not seem anything different over the original N95 which is still new.

I was let down with the N81 totally which is a shame. Now the E90 really did impress me once i got my hands on it!

miffed
17th October 2007, 09:50 AM
Nice photos :)

I too am very impressed with the e90 - I can see why a lot of the Communicator faithful are upset , but TBH I think the Pro's definately outweigh the cons - and I hope the S60 communicator can eveolve into something really good
Is that some kind of Sony Ericcson museum ? with the W950i , P990i etc ? :D

getti
17th October 2007, 09:56 AM
there was a sony wall with the W950, P1i along with some others. if you check the pics there is also a SE W960 there which i managed to get my hands on.

As for my getting a E90 i have decided to use my head and pass. £600 for a large phone is way too much even if it does everything.

Instead il hold on for my 3 upgrade next month and get a N95 8GB because then i can use Skype and MSN on it with my free staff contract.

Overall the phone i was most impressed with was the E90 although there were some new Samsungs including a brand new i550 which i have photos of,

Its a 3.6mb HSDPA candybar design phone running Series 60 and has a 3.2mp camera. Also has GPS built in and a track ball like seen on the Blackberry Pearl. When the 1 u use didnt crash (faulty 1 in batch) it was REALLY good.

miffed
17th October 2007, 10:18 AM
Hmm , trackballs worry me a little

I use a mighty mouse ,and when it is working , it is great ! a truly wonderous device ! -but us humans are , by nature , covered in oil and always will be - and it only seems to take a tiny , invisible amount of this grease to render the trackball useless ! (until it is cleaned, yet again)
Not a huge problem , but if it were the sole means of navigation (as It probably would be on a phone) I wouldn't like to rely on it

Hands0n
17th October 2007, 07:53 PM
Put yer chips down Miffed - I use a Mighty Mouse and have never had to clean my balls :D

miffed
17th October 2007, 08:07 PM
really?
I have to clean mine nearly everytime I use it ! And my skin is drier than average if anything !

Hands0n
17th October 2007, 08:30 PM
Seriously! My skin tends to be a bit oily (you should see the screen on my phones after I've used them). But in all the time I've had the Mac Mini and Mac Pro with their Mighty Mouses (Meeces?) I've never had to clean the trackball. There is evidence of handling elsewhere, i.e. the side buttons have some yukky stuff in there. But nothing in relation to the trackball.

But then thinking of how I use the thing - I use the trackball extensively on web pages - but as soon as I've finished scrolling it my finger comes away - normally back to the keyboard, so I guess that I don't touch it that much.

Ben
17th October 2007, 10:46 PM
Wondering off into Mighty Mouse land, I had to 'clean' mine (roll it around upside down) not long after I had it (my first one). It has been fine ever since. I've never had a problem with my wireless one.

My staff have had problems, though. The design definitely isn't ideal.