View Full Version : Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot K850i camera phone

Ben
23rd October 2007, 01:43 PM
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/10/23/review_se_k850i/

Well, no sooner had I mentioned the Sony Ericsson K850i, The Register have a review on it. Scoring a high 90%, the final note isn't as emphatic as you might expect:

It's good. Really, genuinely good. But perhaps just a little dull when compared to some of its lesser stable mates...
Still, the reviewer doesn't appear to have any gripes with the buttons, which IMHO look just as ridiculous as on many of the other SE handsets of late, though they would like to see a more converged device:

a phone with the K850i's camera abilities and the Wi-Fi and 8GB memory of the W960i? Now that would be something to drool over.
What's that then, a Cyber-Walkman? Maybe not.

This phone will undoubtedly sell well over Christmas, so I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot about it in the new year.

gorilla
25th October 2007, 10:13 AM
I have to say that I'm not a SE fan. A lot of my mates had the 810i and they loved it. I think the K850i is an ok phone. It has that simple candybar style and I'm sure it will sell loads. The K810i felt bulky IMO and that's what put me off that one.

ATZ
20th November 2007, 12:11 PM
Anyone have any further input/first hand exprience on these?

Ben
20th November 2007, 12:14 PM
I was given the impression, I'm not sure how, that the handset was a little disappointing. Capable, but not wow.

ATZ
20th November 2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah thats the impression I'm getting too, thing is I'm a SE fan since converting from nokia, although the latter seema to be catching up in reliability and operating systems of late. ANy recommmendations in a similar spec phone, do SE have anything in the pipeline? I was considering the LG viewity but I do not want to be using a stylus evertine I use the phone, you a N95 fan?

3g-g
20th November 2007, 02:02 PM
...I was considering the LG viewity but I do not want to be using a stylus evertine I use the phone...

See that's the thing, you don't need a stylus for the phone... that is unless you have no fingers? In which case a stylus would be pointless anyway as you couldn't hold it. It's fingers all the way for the LG, everything on the screen is designed to be the right size for your digits to press nicely. :)