View Full Version : 07 prefixes no longer coming out of bundled minutes

miffed
29th October 2007, 10:22 PM
Doesn't really affect me , but I do hate it when people move the goalpoasts !

Got this "amendment" to my bill

a small change to call charges
Just to let you know we're updating the way we charge for call forwarding services. from 15th December all call forwarding services beginning with 07 will no longer be covered by your plan's inclusive any network minutes and will be charged at 20p per minute.this also includes numbers with the following prefixes -079730 , 078225 , & 079785 . numbers starting 070 will continue to be charged at 55p per minute. don't worry - this only applies to call forward services , calls to regular mobile numbers beginning with 07 don't change at all

Wonder how efficient Oranges billing system is going to be at not charging for the genuine mobiles on these prefixes ? :(

It'd be great if this is another "get out of your contract free" moment , but from what I can gather , it's not because Orange always maintained that call forward services weren't included in bundled minutes , shame !

Ben
30th October 2007, 12:18 AM
Another way to muddy the already soup-thick water of call charges. Way to go Orange!

Depending on the termination charges for calling such numbers I can understand the need to take them out of bundle. Still, are that many people using them that it's an issue?

miffed
30th October 2007, 08:06 AM
What annoys me , is that this "problem" should be solved by changing the "service providers" prefixes , not messing the customer around !
What exactly IS your role OFCOM ? :rolleyes:

solo12002
30th October 2007, 11:34 PM
" What exactly IS your role OFCOM" The same as it is now, do dam all lick the ass of the networks and give the users no support!