View Full Version : 3 to charge for itemised billing!

delinquentwoody
3rd May 2005, 09:45 AM
I've heard a rumour from a very good source that 3 are to shortly start charging £1 a month for itemised billing, and you will have to opt out of this if you don't want it to be itemised.

IMO I've always found itemised bills useful, I used to pay the extra pound when I was on other networks and looked at it as a bit of a bonus that it was free on 3. So this is another (albeit small) bonus that will be lost!

Ben
3rd May 2005, 12:09 PM
I think Vodafone charge, but they allow me to get my itemised bill for free online so I do that instead. Orange have always sent me a full itemised bill though, for which I'm very greatful.

If you've got a decent billing system and you want to be clear and upfront with your customers, itemised bills should be the norm. OFCOM should really step in and make them a legality so customers always get a breakdown of their spend.

Credit card companies couldn't get away with just sending us our total due every month! With phones being used for purchasing via premium rate more and more, a breakdown should be required.

Hands0n
3rd May 2005, 11:35 PM
Jamster equated a mobile phone to a credit card recently. The trend to use the phone to purchase will almost certainly grow in the short term until someone in power wakes up to what is being done. These are not credit cards, never were, never will be (imho). Certainly, they should not allow to become such. If they are going to be used as such though, how soon before mobile companies will have to be FSA registered - that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons for sure :)

3GScottishUser
4th May 2005, 10:33 AM
I doubt if they can do this as they will open the door open for instant terminations.

Remember in their T + C's they say if they change anything to your detriment then you can cancel with 30 days notice...... I think adding an extra £1 for a service that is currently free falls within that catagory.

If the above happens it could be a case of 3 UK shooting themselves in the foot!

JB's Best Mate
4th May 2005, 04:06 PM
Afraid to say it has been in the T&C's a long time now they just have not actioned it very much like charging for email & nongeographic numbers.

They will just state that it was always their intention to charge , you can opt out and if you register for my3 then you should still be able to see an itemised bill and not pay extra.

Cost saving or money making £1.5 million per month !

T&C's (http://www.three.co.uk/BlobServer.srv?blobdir=ImportantDoc&blobfile=05162+price+guide+May05_ds.pdf)

page 11 of 12 :cool:

@NickyColman
4th May 2005, 04:26 PM
im sure that when i had my Three contract i was charged £1 pound a pop for my itemised billing! Another time, my bill wasnt itemised, so i rang three to ask why and they wouldnt tell me! They insisted that if i wanted a new itemised one i would have to pay a £10 charge!!

...But thats Three allover isnt it!?

3GScottishUser
4th May 2005, 07:08 PM
I can see that now as you say but it is something that has been added to an updated terms and conditions and should only apply to customers buying the service from the date it was issued.

3 are very clear about changes to terms and conditions and you can cancel "within one month of a detrimental change to your agreement".

I have checked and it seems this has been in the T + C's for some time so the above would not apply really but in reality they could be on shaky ground if they simply added the charge to bills as customers were not advised of this at the point of sale.

A real grey area...... one which if they do decide to implement will be another nail in their coffin.

@NickyColman
4th May 2005, 08:19 PM
LMAO - is Three the only network who just make up the rules as they go along? It seems as tho they simply think "ahhh we can get money out of people this way, sod the terms and conditions!"

JB's Best Mate
4th May 2005, 08:33 PM
Friend of mine asked for a duplicate bill for his cashback deal and got charged £5.

The reason being apparently because of the T&C's of all the cash back deals , you must send 1st bill , Three are getting loads of request for reprints hence the charge.

Again its in Three T&C's now.
:cool:

Ben
4th May 2005, 09:08 PM
"The reason being apparently because of the T&C's of all the cash back deals , you must send 1st bill , Three are getting loads of request for reprints hence the charge."

LMAO! That's classic ;) Thanks for the smile!

Jon3G
4th May 2005, 09:47 PM
just go with a network that others online billing.

Orange Vodafone and o2 do it. Not sure about T Mobile

JB's Best Mate
4th May 2005, 10:50 PM
just go with a network that others online billing.

Orange Vodafone and o2 do it. Not sure about T Mobile

Or 3UK :eek:

solo12002
4th May 2005, 11:30 PM
is this ANOTHER reason to stay away from Three!!

Jon3G
5th May 2005, 10:07 AM
Or 3UK :eek:

I didnt know 3 Uk gave you the option to have an electronic copy of your bill and print it off. I thought they only give you the total for you bill

Unless its changed since I was their

bsrjl1
5th May 2005, 06:20 PM
My3 lets you view 6 months worth of bills, or download them as PDFs. I submitted printed ones to CPWH & they accepted them no problems.

3GScottishUser
5th May 2005, 07:08 PM
My itemised bill arrived this morning - no charge.

Jon3G
5th May 2005, 07:54 PM
Thats changed since I was their. Thats a good improvement

Hands0n
5th May 2005, 08:35 PM
As a matter of habit I download my PDF copies of the bills and store them on my HDD for future reference. The paper copies end up getting shredded after a few months.