Hands0n
3rd November 2007, 11:34 AM
Date = 2 Nov, call started 16:00

Requirement: A new BT line with number port away from Virgin Media

On-hold time 2 hours in total, transferred due "not my dept, mate" 3 times
1) Residential (hold 55 mins)
2) Business (hold 5 mins, thats better)
3) Residential (hold 40 mins)
4) Customer Options Team (hold 20 mins) (Rahim) Call Start 18:00, Call End 18:34

Total elapsed time 2hr 34mins

Appointment 8 Nov 8am – 1pm

Letter to OFCOM in post today.

hecatae
3rd November 2007, 10:11 PM
had the same issue in February 2007, timewasters.

The Mullet of G
3rd November 2007, 10:57 PM
Jeez at least Dick Bransons mob wait till you've signed up before reaming you with cack customer service. I've always avoided BT as a rule of thumb. :)

Hands0n
3rd November 2007, 11:08 PM
Yea, I would normally not countenance using BT but I have got to get a copper line back in this house. I need to change over to Sky Broadband and get off Virgin Media.

The Mullet of G
3rd November 2007, 11:20 PM
I'm guessing you've had problems with Virgin Media? I felt old Dicky boy was riding me a bit at the start, being an ex Telewest customer its a bit of a drop in terms of customer service etc, but it seems the early teething problems are out of the way, customer service probably still sucks but my broadband is fairly stable at 20MB and my TV package is erm free. :)

Hands0n
3rd November 2007, 11:32 PM
I can't say too much but I need to get onto BT Openreach copper so that I can get my

The Mullet of G
3rd November 2007, 11:34 PM
Yup free is most definitely the magic number. :)

hecatae
4th November 2007, 06:38 PM
left BT and got Local Loop Unbundled to TalkTalk

Hands0n
4th November 2007, 07:37 PM
Yea, thats what I'm heading towards, but I have to get a BT line first, then I can go LLU for Broadband and WLR (Wholesale Line Rental) for my voice. The only contact with BT then is via Openreach. But BT Retail can go jump in the proverbial lake! They are a spent force, a busted flush, pathetic.

Ben
4th November 2007, 10:30 PM
I've never had much of a problem with BT to be honest. Got two phonelines at home, a few more at the office and an extremely low latency and reliable fibre connection. So, all rosey here!

Still, you should definitely kick up a stink if you have been mistreated. They do rather think they're still invincible.

3g-g
4th November 2007, 11:10 PM
I think I mentioned about a year ago about my absolute nightmare with BT, long story short... new neighbour 2 doors down moved in, put my house number instead of hers, BT canceled my home line, refused to believe it was a mistake, Wanadoo (at the time) refused to believe that it was my neighbour that canceled the line and still charged me for my broadband, BT and Wanadoo wouldn't talk to each other, I was the go-between for about 3 weeks, 6 weeks or so without a home telephone... anyway, I'm getting angry thinking about it..

Anywhos, there was no need to contact them before and never has been since, but when it came to sorting put one almighty F up they were absolutely useless, unhelpful, idiots... I can't think of any more descriptive words without the censor cutting in!

gorilla
6th November 2007, 09:45 AM
I've been using virgin (NTL) for years and not had a problem with Broadband. They've never really got the hang of billing though, although after a phonecall and a threat to go to tsky they always seem to give us credit. Not ideal, but I get the other half to do it!

a_ukboy
6th November 2007, 12:48 PM
I´m with BT... Never really had an issue, i moved over from BT to NTL in beginning of 2004, stayed for 18 months, NTL was ok but couldn´t even have basic functions like Caller ID or Call waiting as they were not avaliable in my area, and i lived in East London!!
Moved back to BT in summer 2005 and not looked back since!!

hecatae
8th November 2007, 06:06 PM
lets see how good their complaints system is.

They cannot add up bills., they cannot work out instalment charges, their online account registering is appalling.

Hands0n
8th November 2007, 11:52 PM
Thursday 8am - 1pm came and went. No surprise. No BT. Phoned them up this afternoon and got "Oh, the order failed, but we've rebooked it for next Tuesday".

I enquired "Did it occur to anyone to actually call me to say dont wait in? Or even to confirm that someone will be in next Tuesday?"

This lot make f*ckwits look like Mensa geniuses!

hecatae
9th November 2007, 10:15 AM
Mine was a new line in february.

£140 installation fee

Paid £30 over phone

£30 on next bill

£30 on next bill

leaves £50

also been paying the 12 month contract on line rental

£33

£33

£33

total of £99

this leaves me with £80 something pound if I leave contract before 12 months is up.

nope, bill is for £120...:confused: