View Full Version : Tonight, I shall mostly be .....

Hands0n
3rd November 2007, 08:04 PM
.... installing iLife08 and iWork08 on the Macbook Pro. I bought a Family Pack as I have 3 Macs to sort out.

I also have to repair a niggly problem with Parallels where IE crashes upon loading. Don't know if I will have to re-install the lot or get away with just doing a "sfc /scannow" or suchlike. Grrr, I hate problems like this and it has kept me away from updating the Mac Pro to Leopard.

Ho hum .....

The Mullet of G
3rd November 2007, 10:53 PM
Pffft I just knew you were an Apple fan boy. :p

On another note I tried installing Leopard on my PC earlier, was updating from Tiger but kernel panics have been my downfall, I'm not all that fussed about using Leopard I just like the challenge of making things work, I've had Tiger installed for months and its only seen about an hours worth of action. :)

Hands0n
3rd November 2007, 11:11 PM
LOL @ Fanboy. To mitigate I run XP in Parallels on the Mac. I used to be a PC/Windows-only user. But got fed up of having to rebuild Windows each few months and found the Mac stuff not too bad. But I am quite taken with Apple's HCI (UI), their software designers know how humans and machines interact.

The Mullet of G
3rd November 2007, 11:16 PM
I actually enjoy installing Windows every few months...yup I'm weird, I get restless if things are running too well. :D

The only thing I actually liked about Tiger was the dock thing, but I now have an even better version of it on Vista 64 in the shape of Rocketdock, and I still get to reinstall my OS every few months its a win win situation for me lol. :D

Hands0n
3rd November 2007, 11:36 PM
Isn't there a name for such deviant tendencies :D

I think I used to enjoy building and re-installing - but maybe I'm just getting to be a lazy old so and so. I enjoy using the stuff these days much more than constructing it. Although OS X does hand-hold quite a bit, it can be challenging in places. Especially when trying to do something that in Windows would be a snap and in OS X requires a lot of effort! Well, thats Un*x for you.

I tried Vista a while back - that pretty much convinced me to finish the job I'd started and migrate to the Mac wholesale. I only use Windows XP now as a must have.

Ben
4th November 2007, 10:42 PM
See Mullet, I haven't gone completely crazy - the Mac bug is catching!

Enjoy your new iLife stuff, Hands0n. I don't really use it so I think I'll just stick with what I've got and maybe buy it further down the line if I need to.