View Full Version : OS X 10.5.1 ..... its here!

Hands0n
15th November 2007, 07:47 PM
Oh well, it had to happen .... OS X 10.5.1 Leopard's first update is now available from Apple. Apparently it ......

.... includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

Best do, then :)

Full details of the update at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306907

solo12002
15th November 2007, 08:41 PM
Just like Vista then!

No sooner out that al these upgrades follow.

solo12002
15th November 2007, 08:51 PM
Just like Vista then!

No sooner out that al these upgrades follow.

Hands0n
15th November 2007, 08:52 PM
Unlike Vista it doesn't make you post twice :p :D :D :D

Ben
15th November 2007, 10:53 PM
I was going to edit that out but I think I'll leave it for comic integrity ;)

3g-g
16th November 2007, 12:11 AM
I was going to edit it, but he must be using that Internet Explorer or some sort of Windows based operating system. Go team Mac! ;)

Ben
16th November 2007, 12:53 AM
The Register notes that the update clarifies some of the Firewall functionality - ie it no longer suggests it will 'block everything' but will instead 'allow essential functionality' - which is more honest.

While I love how Mac 'makes it simple' there's such a thing as too simple and they keep hitting that nail on the head over and over again.

Hands0n
16th November 2007, 06:34 AM
Yes, that they do. To be fair, they do make Un*x for the masses a reality :D, even if they over-egg the cake at times. The criticism has already started, but Leopard came out very well indeed at first cut and to receive such a quick update is good stuff.

I wish they'd get the firmware right on the AEBS though - I've just had to downgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.2 as it kept locking up randomly, not a good thing for a router to do. Some on the Mac forums have even gone down as low as 7.1 (although I can't find that release of the firmware anywhere - Apple don't make available earlier releases, grrrr).