View Full Version : Let's get it on!

3g-g
18th November 2007, 01:03 AM
Completely unscientific in any way what-so-ever, however that's no excuse for some tabloid style journalism! We'd better check this on Wikipedia too!

On this thread (https://talk3g.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24764&postcount=25) Hands0n and miffed are having a Googlefight (http://www.googlefight.com/) about iPhones, N95s, 3G and 2G, which gave me an idea. Which of the networks would win a Googlefight to be crowned champion?

There was no time to waste, I've picked them at random and pitted them against each other, place your bets!

First up it was Orange Vs Vodafone!

Orange - 353,000,000 *Winners*
Vodafone - 62,600,000

Orange storm the fight with a staggering 353 million Google mentions! Next in the ring, T-Mobile and O2!

T-Mobile - 51,300,000
O2 - 60,400,000 *Winners*

It was a close fought battle, however, O2 cause a last minute upset to win the bout!

Next the new boys on the block, less experience but a huge financial backing behind both teams, could Hutchison 3G take Vigrin Mobile down?

Hutchison 3G - 1,170,000
Virgin Mobile - 30,300,000 *Winners*

Dickie Branson's mob trounce the far east to take the win in this round!

Last but not least are some pretenders, networks that aren't really networks, fighting out of their class Tesco Mobile and Fresh Mobile.

Tesco Mobile - 1,980,000
Fresh Mobile - 52,100,000 *Winners*

CPW's Fresh Mobile offering upsets the apple cart with that round, I think that was a 1st round K.O.!

For round 2, Orange take on O2 and Virgin take on Fresh Mobile!

It was a hard found battle, but Orange come out on top with some 292,600,000 more Google mentions! In a similar bout, Fresh Mobile beat Virgin with a closer fought 21,800,000 more mentions on Google!

It's looking like a battle between heavy weight and light weight as Orange and Fresh Mobile step into the ring to find out who's the champion of the UK networks, seconds out round one! UFC this aint! *ding*

And straight away Orange land a huge solid right-handed haymaker to Fresh Mobile's chin taking them straight to the canvas... it's looking over before we've even begun, and it is, Orange storm it with a massive 300,900,000 more mentions on Google to crown them Googlefight champions of the UK network operators!!

:)

This in no way reflects how network rankings in the UK are collated... Or is it? ;)

Hands0n
18th November 2007, 01:51 AM
I want some of whatever he's on :d Orange can't be the winners!

miffed
18th November 2007, 07:37 AM
LOL ! - See ? Googlefight is the ultimate reference point :D

...Keep in mind that , as well as looking at things on a global scale , remember , Orange , fresh , Virgin & Tesco are always going to have an advantage over the others , as their names are referenced in completely non related ways all over the place

We'd better check this on Wikipedia too!

:rolleyes: ^^^^ Now you're just being silly !

Ben
18th November 2007, 12:34 PM
353 million complaints about Orange sounds about right ;)