View Full Version : Memory card help!!

kuczer1
19th November 2007, 08:57 PM
Hi my memory card is a 1gb micro sd memory card it fits correctly into my phone and appears to be working in a nother so i dont think it is faulty. however my phone the sony ericson k800i doesn't recognise the memory card even though it is inserted correctly. It has the card in it but it just says memory stick not inserted when i try to access it on the phone. I have tried to format the stick and seems to make no difference. I would really appreciate any help on this subject...please thank you :) x

3g-g
19th November 2007, 10:01 PM
Hiya kuczer1, welcome to T3G :)

As far as I'm aware the Sony Ericsson k800i uses the Memory Stick Micro M2 type of memory card, I don't think the MicroSD is compatible with that handset.

Looking at my 1Gb M2 memory card that I have for my Sony it's a different shape from all the Micro SD cards I have, they're about the same width at the bottom but the SD is smaller at the top, which would make sense as the contacts in your SE handset won't be meeting all the reader points in the phone, hence why you can't access it.

Where did you get the memory card from? Did you buy it separately from the phone? I'd recommend taking it back if you can and getting yourself the memory stick micro M2 type card.

Do let us know how you get on.

G