View Full Version : The 'New Apple Keyboard' Fan Club

Ben
3rd December 2007, 05:42 PM
Ok, I officially love my Apple Keyboard (http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=5566C21B&fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&nplm=MB110B/A). It's so much better than the old one, and so much better than any other keyboard that I have ever owned and/or used.

It's pure tactile ecstasy. Once you start typing on it you just don't want to stop :D

I definitely think this thing needs some sort of medal. Now if they'd just get on to updating the Mighty Mouse...

miffed
3rd December 2007, 05:57 PM
I agree , definately an improvement !

If you are going to make somthing out of white & clear plastic , then you really do have to make it easy to clean - the trouble with having two teenagers in the house , is that ,despite several rules being introduced - it would get covered in crumbs and dust etc - and the old keyboard would serve as a sort of 'display cabinet' for this stuff - they would fall down through the gaps , but you couldn't get them out again - and they remained visible through the lovely clear perspex base :( (I know there is a simple soloution to this , but they are teenagers :mad: )

Whereas the new one , as well as being a joy to use and pleasing to the eye - is also a doddle to keep clean :D

But then there is that issue with it not being recognised during boot up ? I found a workaround for boot cam p , but IIRC you said it may be a problem for other procedures Ben ?

Ben
3rd December 2007, 06:02 PM
I had to boot from CD the other day - I pushed and held C and boot from the CD it did!

So all good here :D

The only thing I miss is the little Apple logo on the "Apple" Command key. My fingers, quite frankly, couldn't care less - they're just enjoying being able to type effortlessly :D The old keyboard was a bit stiff, after a few hours my fingers used to feel distinctly tired.

getti
3rd December 2007, 06:07 PM
im buying a 24" iMac this month and am looking forward to the new keyboard, leopard and iLife :)

Was either an iMac or a Mac Pro but the iMac is much cheaper and better i think

miffed
3rd December 2007, 06:10 PM
I had to boot from CD the other day - I pushed and held C and boot from the CD it did!

So all good here :D

Thats interesting !

I wonder if it is something to do with the machine you are using ? I am sure I read somethig about the usb ports only working as usb 2 on the new iMacs ?

Ben
3rd December 2007, 06:17 PM
Lord knows, it was on my Mac Pro - I needed to do a minor HDD repair on my primary drive as the volume headers were being reported as incorrect. I didn't even think twice about the fact that I have changed keyboards since the last time I used any boot options! So I'm all the more chuffed now that it worked ok :D

Hands0n
4th December 2007, 12:11 AM
Its on my Christmas lists for the family to buy me :D

Ben
4th December 2007, 09:34 AM
Was either an iMac or a Mac Pro but the iMac is much cheaper and better i think
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. The iMac is a fantastic value proposition. It's not 'better' than a Mac Pro, though, but then the Intel chips are so good now that anything more powerful than an iMac is overkill for most people.

Hands0n - Good stuff :D

getti
4th December 2007, 08:12 PM
i meant better for me lol