View Full Version : 3 now has minimum call charge

3GScottishUser
15th December 2007, 04:28 AM
3 introduced a minimum call charge today, charging customers for one full minute of talktime for the first minute, even if they speak for less 60 seconds. They will be charged per second after the first minute.

This new charge is for customers on Mix&Match and £12 promotional tariffs. Any call that is less than one minute will be shown as a full minute on itemised bill and charges will apply the moment the it is connected, even if the call drops out.

The new terms were updated on 25 October and are effective today. Customers should have received a letter after 3 November.

A Dextra memo that went out to dealers read: ‘This is a change to customers’ Terms and Conditions, and as such, 3 is obligated to give 30 days' notice prior to the change; however, this fact should not be proactively mentioned to the customers.’

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/3_minimum_call_charge.aspx

NOTE: This means that there has been a detrimental change to T + C's and could result in customers having the right to cancel if they signed up prior to the changes.

Ben
15th December 2007, 11:09 AM
Nice find, and yes it's important customers know their rights - particularly if this change means they have the right to terminate their Three contract early should they so desire.

bsrjl1
16th December 2007, 08:45 PM
Cancelled my contract with 3 over this last month, had just upgraded onto a N95 on Mix&Match. They gave me the PAC & I ported out, then for £15 they provided the unlock code. Anyone want an unlocked N95...? ;-)