View Full Version : 1000 texts cheaper than 500!

Hands0n
29th December 2007, 09:34 PM
While I am still fuming at Vodafone's treatment of their latest £27K customer I do feel moved to supply another [positive] angle to the company.

My eldest daughter has a £40-something contract with Vodafone providing 500 minutes , 100 texts and [for £9pcm] a 400 text add-on. Unfortunately, as with most of today's younger generation, texting is king and she routinely goes over her 500 which costs her dearly each month.

So during a visit to me today we got talking and reviewed her usage using the on-line Vodafone bill, which is a good rendition of what one might expect on paper.

I suggested that she call Vodafone to see what, if anything, they could do to ease her financial burden as, clearly, 500 texts per month is not sufficient. And so she did.

The call was short, the result very effective. The person she spoke with at Vodafone said that the 400 text add-on for £9 pcm was all that was on offer when she took out the contract. But then went on to offer her 1,000 text add-on for £8 pcm. We both had to do a double-take, surely something is not right here :eek: But the Vodafone CSR was completely insistent, yes that was the offer on the table, take it or leave it :D Understandably, daughter took the 1,000 texts for £8 and is now a very happy bunny indeed.

I know this fades into complete irrelevance to a £27K phone bill, but it does show that there are good offers to be had at Vodafone - mostly if you just get to speak with the right person. Clearly, this time we did.

NB: No, Vodafone, this does not let you off the £27K hook. I fully expect to read in next week's media that you have seen reason and waived the ridiculous charge. Also that you have put measures in place to safeguard the financial wellbeing of your customers, upon whom you depend utterly.