View Full Version : Got an imac

chaslam
2nd January 2008, 07:34 PM
Well, ive wanted to buy an imac for a good couple of months now, and yesterday I finally took the plunge. Now, I work in PC world, and obviously everything look smaller in the shop, but I decided to go for the 24" (I also got it because I got it for £100 cheaper with a staff discount :D).

Boy is it big! ITS HUGE! For me, moving from a 15" MBP, its a huge difference! Makes my TV look crap! Its so bright and vivid, and did I mention it was big? :D.

Also, just ordered 4GB of RAM for £58, Kingston aswell! Bargin!

Hands0n
2nd January 2008, 08:00 PM
Most excellent :D The new iMacs are a superb piece of kit, and gorgeous to look at.

You didn't mention how big the screen was?! ;)

Ben
3rd January 2008, 07:29 AM
Congratulations!

I take it you're keeping the MBP as well? I think I'd sell my soul before part with mine ;)

Anyway, have fun with your new megamac and all that RAM! *dribble*

chaslam
3rd January 2008, 11:18 AM
Well I think so. I have a few people at work who are interesting in buying it, but I think I dont have a choice. I think I need some sort of laptop, but there is no point in selling it and then buying a cheaper Laptop when I already have a good one.

Congratulations!

I take it you're keeping the MBP as well? I think I'd sell my soul before part with mine ;)

Anyway, have fun with your new megamac and all that RAM! *dribble*

gorilla
3rd January 2008, 01:13 PM
How big? Maybe my mini wont look so good on my 32" LCD :D

Ok, comparisons with the imac will now stop :p

So you just bought one in a shop? Interesting. Didn't you fancy the 3 week wait? :confused:

Ben
3rd January 2008, 05:25 PM
Didn't you fancy the 3 week wait? :confused:
Lmao, totally, he's missing out. Personally I always opt for the exasperating wait :D

chaslam
3rd January 2008, 09:20 PM
lol well I already waited since august. I strongly believe that nothing imac related will be announced at macworld. If it is, well, im not really that bothered, as ive got everything I would need in this one, for a while at least.

Now that we have metioned it, macworld lol. Personally, I think iphone, mac pro and screens. They are the updates. If there is an update to the imac, I will eat my hat lol.