View Full Version : Yahoo To Go 3

solo12002
8th January 2008, 07:49 PM
has anyone been able to get the sis file for yahoo to go 3. Ive been told I cant use it on a Nokia N73.

gorilla
8th January 2008, 09:25 PM
I think it's still in beta, so they might be funny about that. Can't you find it on the web or do you have to download it onto your phones browser?

solo12002
8th January 2008, 10:30 PM
Yes I can find it on web, but it no let me download it.

As for yahoo ffs its only been a few months since 2.o was fully released, still 3.0 appears to syn with your dairy

gorilla
9th January 2008, 01:48 PM
When I try to download it onto the N95, I get version 2.0.

Somebody will post a copy of it soon enough.

whatleydude
9th January 2008, 03:30 PM
It's there now

http://get.go.yahoo.com

It sucks the big one - just use http://beta.m.yahoo.com instead.

solo12002
9th January 2008, 10:06 PM
And still not fing working.

1. it will not send a text so i can download.
2, No matter what phone I try it will only allow me to download 2.0

What a fing mess, yahoo all talk but lack of action. 2.0 full version is just about out prior to xmas, to release 3.0 which works on a limited number of hand sets is just CRAP

Ben
9th January 2008, 11:22 PM
Is there one overriding feature that you all use this software for? I've kept my toes well and truly out of this mobap portal software thus far.

solo12002
10th January 2008, 08:09 AM
Ben

I used yahoo to go for email and cal. However the cal syn part was removed in yahoo to go 2.0, it appears to be bck in 3.0.

I have a yahoo email address and a g mail one, but just dont like the gmail one as much thats it really,l unless of course someone can tell me of something better thats syncs email and cal together and in a fairly fast time for downloading.

I may move to mobile mail with 3 but I still need some way of access my cal.

gorilla
10th January 2008, 09:03 AM
Solo, mobile mail is really good. I don't keep it running all day, just dip in and out, but it syncs up nicely. I use it with my google apps account over imap which keeps my account nice and tidy.

Still no better google calendar sync option other than gcal, (IMO) which is ok.

Ben
10th January 2008, 09:08 AM
Ah ok. My calendars are in iCal, so I just sync via Bluetooth and .Mac takes care of the rest.

Believe it or not, I don't use mobile email at all.

gorilla
10th January 2008, 12:49 PM
My calendars are in iCal, so I just sync via Bluetooth and .Mac takes care of the rest.

Could we be getting a free .mac account (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/10/stevejobs.apple):

Gus Mueller: Something with a touchscreen. Smaller than a laptop but bigger than an iPhone using new low-power processors from Intel - "iPad". Maybe an update to Aperture. An announcement about taking the OS in a "lean and mean" direction now that it's finding its way on smaller devices. And a free version of .Mac. But I think a "media rental service" is out of the question, along with an entry-level iPhone.

Ben
10th January 2008, 05:17 PM
Hopefully... some basic .Mac functionality should be available to every Mac user. The current model is rather milking it!

hecatae
12th January 2008, 07:51 PM
got it on my 6120 and e65, working fine.

Hands0n
12th January 2008, 08:27 PM
Hopefully... some basic .Mac functionality should be available to every Mac user. The current model is rather milking it!

Yea, I did the one month free subscription but cancelled it afterwards. I cannot justify the expense of .Mac under any circumstances at all. I just do not need it in any way. Everything it does can be achieved a squillion other different ways. It really is for those that cannot or cannot be bothered to do it for themselves.

Possibly, it is befitting of the American psyche only.

Ben
12th January 2008, 09:50 PM
For me it sync's my iCal over several machines and automatically stores backups... so, while not exactly value for money, the simplicity and reliability makes it worth while. Shame I don't use Safari, then it might be getting close.

Hands0n
12th January 2008, 10:55 PM
Yea now you see, I could do with syncing Addressbook and iCal across several machines. But it is not worth the £69 a year to do so. I would maybe stretch to £25, but certainly not more. But then Apple subs are never cheap.