View Full Version : T-Mobile bundles Wi-Fi into Web 'n' Walk

3GScottishUser
10th January 2008, 09:11 AM
T-Mobile is to offer free Wi-Fi access to users of its mobile broadband services. This means that subscribers of Web 'n' Walk Plus or Max will be able to access any of the 1,200 Wi-Fi connections throughout the UK.

Starting at £12.50 per month (when connecting with a Flext mobile contract), the service gives you access to the internet through using your laptop. Additionally, it lets you access the WiFi network on a range of locations like Starbucks coffee shops, airports, main-line train stations, service stations and hundreds of other locations in the UK, without paying extra to connect to wireless hotspots. Without T-Mobile’s web’n’walk price plan, access to WiFi costs from £5 for 60 minutes (one off or occasional access), or from £10 per month for subscription. For a full list of the company’s HotSpots, visit http://t-mobile.hotspot-directory.co.uk

http://chiswickken.typepad.com/ringtone/2008/01/t-mobile-bundle.html

Ben
10th January 2008, 09:14 AM
Want to see something scary? Here's someone in the industry talking some sense:

"We're the only network to include unlimited use of our own HotSpots," said Richard Warmsley, T-Mobile's Head of Internet on the Move. "We recognise that it's a quick reliable connection that matters most, not the technology you use to get online. We also know that customers don't get bits and bytes so we focus on simple fixed price plans that never have any extra charges, no matter how much surfing you need."

getti
10th January 2008, 09:20 AM
When changing my plan last night i saw from my next billing date (27th) there was 100% Free Wireless added to my account :D

3GScottishUser
10th January 2008, 09:47 AM
Definately a good extra for those with handsets that support Wi-Fi. Lots of coverage in Airports etc and don't forget your local McDonalds now offers free access via a deal with the Cloud.

Good to see more options on offer for mobile Internet. Now all they have to do is make using Wi-Fi on mobiles a bit more user friendly.

3g-g
10th January 2008, 02:18 PM
Who on earth at T-Mobile has their head so tightly screwed on!? I'd like to shake their hand! :)

getti
10th January 2008, 02:26 PM
Only seems to be for people who joined AFTER 14th December it has been reported at What Mobile. Although i have now had my T-Mob contract for 12 months and it got added for me without knowing it lol.

Seems to be when you are on the plan called 'Flext35 Web'n'Walk Plus' where as if your on the normal Flext35 and have Web n Walk Plus as an 'Add-on' it does not seem to apply.

Same price but different name

Hands0n
10th January 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm going to have to check it out for myself as I'm on Flext35 with Web N Walk Plus. Damn, where's the nearest hotspot!!! I'm spoiled for choice if I'm getting Cloud and T-Mobile :D albeit on two different handsets.

It'd be a shame if this is not extended to existing users!