View Full Version : Still having problems with "Three"

chajun
17th January 2008, 12:30 PM
This has been going on since August 2007.

I am having problems with a Mobile phone company called "Three" Basically early last year my wife and I took out contracts agreeing to pay 18months at £17.50 per month. All went well for six months until the 7th month when were charged £35 and informed that it was what we agreed to. Since then I have complained and we have paid the bills by direct debit when due. Recently bills which were for silly amounts i.e £1.50 / latest 0.59p

When today I queried why this was I was informed we are about to charged £35 per month until end of the Contract.

Is there anybody in the UK either who cares or has any clout! This company are a bit like Dick Turpin!
Any help appreciated.

Ben
17th January 2008, 01:13 PM
Hi chajun, sorry to hear you're having problems.

Did you take out your contract with Three directly or via a store or telesales company?

gorilla
17th January 2008, 09:21 PM
It sounds like you've got one of these 'cash back' deals? Have you had to submit any claims for money back from your line rental?

It seems strange that three would have quoted you £17.50 for 18 months and then upped the charge 6 months in.

You can visit your local citizen advice bureau who'll discuss the contract you have with three. ofcom would also provide advice, as would your local trading standards, as you might have a case for being miss sold a contract.

What would be helpful is if you have all your original receipts and documents relating to the sale which will tell you what you were sold. These should say that "you have entered into a contract with three, agreeing to pay them £17.50 per month for 18 months".

It sounds like a deal they offered which was £17.50 per month for 6 months and then £35 for the remainder. You were probably told at the point of sale that you could downgrade your tariff after 6 months, so you'd continue to pay £17.50 per month. If heard this happen before. I don't think three allow downgrades now.

Getti's the man in the know about these sorts of things!

Hands0n
18th January 2008, 01:01 AM
Yes, 3 copped a load of flak through mis-selling by dealers. Which is why 3 are now aggressively getting rid of as much of the independent dealer network that they can. They were exploited ruthlessly by the dealers and it got 3 a lot of bad press.