http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130191206183

Unlocked , c/w 6GB MicroSD - lovely condition

Ben
18th January 2008, 03:50 PM
Looks very cool I must say.

I hope you're not replacing it with some HTC tat :D

miffed
18th January 2008, 04:12 PM
LOL , no ! - just clearing out some bits I dont use to make room / finance the Macbook air
The wife says I have spent to much on toys lately and would probably hit the roof if I paid for it with 'new money' - so I have decided to sell my Macbook , and a few other bits I can live without to pay for it

At least it looks like I am making an effort then :D

Ben
18th January 2008, 06:09 PM
Ah, selling the Macbook sounds like a good idea. Wow, a Macbook Air! I just hope it's as cool as it looks... and who needs more than one USB port on a laptop anyway, right? ;)

miffed
18th January 2008, 06:52 PM
Ah, selling the Macbook sounds like a good idea. Wow, a Macbook Air! I just hope it's as cool as it looks... and who needs more than one USB port on a laptop anyway, right? ;)

were you even listening to the prophet ? :rolleyes:

.. We don't NEED wires !! (or optical drives)

;):p

miffed
19th January 2008, 09:32 AM
Hmm , time for a quick u-turn !

Having thought about it , I have decided to stick with my Macbook

I have to be honest , I DO need an optical drive - when I think of the amount of times my little lad has used my Macbook to watch his DVD's when away from home - also , whenever I go to my (computerless) parents house, I invariably end up putting some DV footage onto a DVD for them
The Macbook Air is a Technological wonder , and an aesthetic wonder too - but it struck me that when I am using it - I will be looking someting that looks near identical (colours aside !) as I am using now ! - as I look at my macbook there is no visual perception of depth - so the "wafer thin" bit is pretty much a gimmick
Then there is the spec - I am not sure by how much a 1.6 Core2Duo would trump a 2ghz Core Duo , but I'd guess it is not a hell of a difference - but that would be my only gain - Losing two thirds of my current HD space would be a shame too - and then there is the issue of my recent failed HDD - I managed to sort it within a day on the Macbook , I suspect it would be a return to Apple with the Air , and probably a hefty bill too

All in all , I'll stick with what I've got I think :)

Ben
19th January 2008, 09:40 AM
Damn sober realisation, damn it!

You're right, of course.

Still, I'm intrigued to see how I, and pretty much everyone else on Talk3G, will react to the Air once it's in the stores and I can see and touch it "IRL".

miffed
28th January 2008, 08:52 AM
GRRR !!! - I HATE ebay !!

Twice now I have auctioned this , and twice I have had some tosser screw the auction up for me :(
How diffiult it is ? surely , if an item is "Buy it Now" -you'd only click "buy it now" if you wanted to "buy it now" ??? :mad::mad::(
Ebay , of course , don't give a toss and are just looking forward to receiving their fees for both auctions

Surely there has to be a better way ?

Ben
28th January 2008, 10:57 AM
You could try craigslist? I know they're big in the states, no so sure about here. http://london.craigslist.co.uk/ele/