fozzie
1st February 2008, 07:29 PM
Anyone selling one of these babies ?

Had one of each previously,wouldnt mind one again for nostalgia

mike967angus
1st February 2008, 07:44 PM
Hi
Typical!
Had A925 rattling around the top of my wardrobe since decommission in 2005.
There is usually one or 2 floating around on E-Bay as sold mine for £20 last week.
Was a great phone apart from battery life which was abysmal.
Quite funny that it has took this long for touchscreen phones to become popular.
Still got my NEC e808 - remember them........

miffed
1st February 2008, 07:52 PM
I have got an a1000 somewhere at home
I'll try and dig it out

Hands0n
1st February 2008, 08:07 PM
Sold my A1000 a while back for £180 :D

fozzie
1st February 2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah i remember the e808, had one hated it make-up case with a keypad.

Miffed, how much would you be looking for matey ?

Handson - 180 quid - ffs it wasnt to some Nigerian priest wanting a pressie for his nephew in Boston but wanted the phone sent to Lagos

Hands0n
1st February 2008, 09:44 PM
Handson - 180 quid - ffs it wasnt to some Nigerian priest wanting a pressie for his nephew in Boston but wanted the phone sent to Lagos

Nigerian scammer? LOL :D Not sure, but the bloke was dead keen for an A1000 and I had one in rather good nick. It was just about a year ago - I wouldn't have paid that much, but he got himself in a bidding war with another geezer. He paid with Pay Pal, I was happy :)

Like ole Miffed there, I seem to have a motely collection of old kit in boxes. Found me E1000 the other day while rummaging for something or the other. I liked that phone a lot, at the time.

fozzie
1st February 2008, 09:50 PM
I have a k850i now .... great phone prone to freeze from time to time

I miss me touchscreen days

miffed
1st February 2008, 10:03 PM
Just dug it out

TBH it is not a "wreck" - but it is a bit tatty (paint wearing off the top , letting light through etc (remember these thing light up like xmas trees ! - no unsightly scratches or anything like that - a few tiny microscopic scratches on the screen but again not bad - got the box etc.

TBH , With the phone not being mint I would feel uncomfortable "selling" it per se
Do you have anything interesting you may want to trade for it ? seriously - anything !?

(just to make it interesting :D)

fozzie
1st February 2008, 10:22 PM
My wife !!

miffed
1st February 2008, 10:24 PM
Deal ! , can she cook ? :)

fozzie
1st February 2008, 10:25 PM
She says no deal .... oh well i tried

miffed
1st February 2008, 10:40 PM
TBH mate I don't really want anything for the a1000 - I'd happily let you have it if you can make use of it - but my generous nature won't go as far as paying to post it to you too
So I can either ask you for postage (boring) - or you can post me something interesting (not bothered about what / value or anything like that !)
...Then we can both sleep at night

Come on ! you must have something knocking around in a drawer somewhere ?!

fozzie
1st February 2008, 10:49 PM
A student loans company (my employer) mug or a cable & wireless spill-proof beaker (neither of which have been used)

All my tat was cleared a while back

Hands0n
2nd February 2008, 12:10 AM
Ooooooh, he drives a hard bargain, miffed. I reckon you ought to put a SIM in it and top it up for good measure too, before you post it off :D :D :D

fozzie
2nd February 2008, 09:33 AM
So how much postage do you want to charge for the item ?

I honestly don't have much of anything left to offer you other than money as the wife insisted i clear out loads of my tat