View Full Version : Connection probs

davidlove
6th May 2005, 08:32 PM
Although the manual says my 6680 supports dual packet data connections on GSM or UMTS, whenever I'm on 3G (less than half the time in London on Voda BTW) I can only have one connection active at one time. So if I'm connected to Voda Live! (WAP) I can't retrieve mail until I disconnect.

Any ideas? TIA.

Ben
6th May 2005, 09:09 PM
On Orange I get around it by setting everything to use Orange Internet or Orange GPRS WAP - they both seem to work fine for everything and the handset seems to allow multiple connections over the same access point fine.

When it comes to multiple connections over different access points it doesn't like it though. Perhaps that's beyond the scope of the phone?

davidlove
7th May 2005, 07:13 AM
I use just the two access points as well. But it's strange that the phone can cope with concurrent multiple access points on 2G but not on 3G. Unlikely that the manual is wrong. Perhaps I'll try, er, Nokia support.

Ben
7th May 2005, 02:31 PM
Didn't realise it worked on 2G to be honest - perhaps it's a network restriction at the current time? :S

davidlove
9th May 2005, 10:55 PM
Nokia say it's a network prob. So have fired off an email to Voda CS. Will update.

davidlove
11th May 2005, 07:45 AM
Voda CS say it is indeed a network restriction. But they can't explain the patchy signal - apparently my part of London is already blessed with industrial strength 3G.

They also said that Voda "resets" its connection to 3G handsets automatically every 24 hours. That was a new one on me.

Jon3G
11th May 2005, 04:27 PM
that sounds like a Vodafone fob off to me