View Full Version : Hows this for CS ?

miffed
7th May 2005, 05:17 PM
Just thought I should post my experience

I ordered a Nokia 9500 from www.themobileoutlet.co.uk on Wednesday -

No confirmation mail , nothing , so I let them have a day to sort themselves out
Thursday PM , not only have I STILL received no confirmation whatsoever , But they have also taken the deal I ordered off the website and replaced it with an identical deal (except handset price is £190 instead of free ! ) , I rang their CS number to confirm the price I have paid and she said " The price on our system is free " and denied all knowledge of the increased price

"Ok , " i said , " So when will I get my phone ? "

"you will have to check the progress on our online tracking facility , at the moment we are verifying your address with the issuers of your credit card , you should get your phone within 4 days , blah blah "

I was a little confused as to why a credit check would take 2 days , but thought "fair enough , they must be busy "

Anyway ,Thursday passes, checked the online tracking, they are still verifying my address with the CC company , Friday , Still verfying my address with the CC company , Woke up this morning - Guess the status ?

STILL verifying my address with the CC company !

I rang them up and asked them to explain to me why verifying my address is now running into its fourth day , and she said someone would ring me back - I said not to bother and to cancel the order

I have ordered loads of handsets , and usually get a confirmation email immedietely followed by a mail to confirm despatch - 9 times out of ten my phone is in my hand within 2 days !

Bloody useless ! My guess is they mispriced the phone by £190 and haven't got the balls to tell me straight ! What pisses me off is that they have not initiated ANY contact with me whatsoever !

Anyway , I told the girl I'd make sure the got some publicity for their trouble , so here it is :D

My opinion - Avoid like the Plague (does not reflect the owners of the site - blah blah )

Had to re-order my 9500 today !

3g-g
7th May 2005, 05:21 PM
LoL.. have you clicked onto their website? Have we managed to push their hosting through the roof?! ;)

Ben
7th May 2005, 05:42 PM
Oh dear. Verifying an address with a credit card company when processing a card takes just a few seconds. There really is no excuse!

Thanks for sharing!

@NickyColman
8th May 2005, 02:22 PM
Hey Miffed, i bought (or at least tried) from them back in november last year! The deal was a Motorola E1000 free with a £15 a month tarrif on Three. For the first six months the contract was completely free! I thought it was an excellent deal so i bought it on a monday. Still no word by thursday so i gave them a call. It was then that i was told that the deal i had purchased was actually a "website glitch" and that i had instead been put onto a £30 a month tarrif instead.

I told the lady on the phone that i hadnt agreed to this and they shouldnt of advertised the phone that way and why they hadnt come back to tell me this...?

Which her reply was "duno."

I politely told woman where to stick the phone and hung up. :D

miffed
9th May 2005, 08:18 AM
Hey Miffed, i bought (or at least tried) from them back in november last year! The deal was a Motorola E1000 free with a £15 a month tarrif on Three. For the first six months the contract was completely free! I thought it was an excellent deal so i bought it on a monday. Still no word by thursday so i gave them a call. It was then that i was told that the deal i had purchased was actually a "website glitch" and that i had instead been put onto a £30 a month tarrif instead.

I told the lady on the phone that i hadnt agreed to this and they shouldnt of advertised the phone that way and why they hadnt come back to tell me this...?

Which her reply was "duno."

I politely told woman where to stick the phone and hung up. :D

Hmmm , sounds VERY familiar ! I think I had the same "dunno" woman when I phoned , as when I questioned how come the price on the website was now £190 after she told me it was free on the system she did say "dunno" - lol !

I have not heard anything over the weekend since cancelling my order (understandable I suppose, being a weekend ) - But I note by that their online tracking is STILL verifying my address ! - I do hope they do not continue with the order and then charge me for a cancellation - otherwise I really will screw them (I have a plan ! :rolleyes: )

Don't get me wrong , Much as I love "Next Day" delivery in these circumstances , I live in the real world and I know this is not always possible, but thats not the problem here
I don't care if the phone takes two weeks to get to me , but in the meantime I expect to be kept informed , or acknowledged at the very least ! and this is where this company have failed miserably :mad: