View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Nokia N96 and N78

chaslam
11th February 2008, 08:27 PM
Just thought I would post my views on the N96 and N78. I would post here but will link as it saves me doing all the pics etc again, hope thats ok.

http://mynokiablog.com/2008/02/11/nokia-launch-n78-and-n96-was-it-worth-the-wait/

Ben
11th February 2008, 09:06 PM
Good to see your discussion of the new devices. I share some of your initial thoughts and feelings.

Ultimately, and as I've been saying to people today, the releases from both Nokia and Sony Ericsson appear to be stop-gap devices. There's no new ground being broken here. These are product refreshes and recycled ideas that may well dominate for much of 2008 as the manufacturers prepare for a real rival - that illusive 3G iPhone.

The N95 was so successful that this feeling of anticlimax is probably warranted anyway. Everyone is going to be bringing their A game towards/during 2009, including Apple, so I think we can expect a lot of dross until then.

whatleydude
16th February 2008, 12:49 PM
One thing you neglect to mention is the built in FM transmitter that the N78 has.

Definite ball-breaker right there... Nice device though. Wasn't sure about the buttons.
Plus my fingers made the shine on it go all greasy y'know?