View Full Version : Video MMS

mike967angus
16th February 2008, 04:54 PM
Hi All
Can anybody advise me why I cannot send or receive video mms?
I can send/receive pictures/gif files,:confused: browse the web and even videocall but no videos.
Just get a text from O2 saying I have received a media message my mobile doesnt support.
The phone is an LG KS10.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Ben
16th February 2008, 07:59 PM
Hey mike967angus,

What happens if you try making a very short/small video and sending it to yourself?

It sounds like your issue might be best resolved by O2 customer services, unless the handset has separate video MMS settings that are not configured?

mike967angus
16th February 2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Ben

I tried O2 customer services earlier but they were not much help as my handset was not on their list.
I have been browsing the web and found a mini solution on N95 posts as it has apparently got a similar operating system to my LG.
If I go on the web I can send and receive video messages as long as I have a live internet connection.
By that I mean leave the live connection active on google while going into "New" "Multimedia message" "send" etc.
So im guessing the command to make my phone connect upon sending receiving video messages is missing.
Im thinking I maybe only need one connection for both MMS and internet rather than separate ones for WAP and MMS(Does that make sense).
I have definitely learned that getting an unlocked handset rather than getting one from the network can be a fair amount of hassle.

Ben
17th February 2008, 12:31 AM
Gosh, how irritating. I've had unlocked and unsupported handsets on Vodafone and Orange for years and never experienced issues with things like that not working. Makes me wonder if O2 is a special case? That said, most of my devices have been S60... so you can just ask for the settings for any other S60 device and they usually work.

Hands0n
17th February 2008, 12:32 AM
If you can send an MMS picture then you should be able to send a video file as an MMS. Bu you are strictly limited on the length of the video - if I recall it is around 15 seconds, no more. Just record it on your camera, start a new MMS message and attach the video file you previously recorded. There should be a setting on your phone to limit the camera recording to MMS size.

NB: MMS does not really care what you really attach - it is a bit like email for the mobile phone. If you got a message from O2 about the lack of support for your phone it could be that the video file format is one that your handset does not recognise. Typically I think you should be able to receive a .3gp but if it is something else that may be the cause of your woes.

mike967angus
17th February 2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks for thay guys.
I did ask O2 to send settings for another S60 handset but they said they wouldnt work??
I think they should also but wey hey these ARE the technical guys:mad:
I did have a tweak of packet data settings to when available and can now receive video messages as a sound clip (on O2).
Dont think its file size as I made sure the videos were short enough.
Strangely enough three sent me N95 settings last sunday and when I put a 3 sim in the phone I got it all working late last night after a bit of messing on.
Im starting to think it may be O2.
But problem is ive already sent them my PAC code and am getting my number changed on thursday.
DILEMA:eek:

mike967angus
19th February 2008, 04:46 PM
Decided to cut my losses and cancel the o2 sim only contract which is a shame as it was great value 400txt + 200 voice mins (with video calls counting as voice calls from allocation) and mms count as 4 txts-all for £15 d or £22.50 with web access :mad:
Tried all ways to get video mms on the phone without success.
So rather than having a phone I coulnt use properly it looks like im stopping with good old 3, as the phone works fine on there.
I would like to have persivered but my number was being ported on thursday.
Must say O2 css are far superior to 3 and as I was within 14days i`m not being charged so will definitely consider them again.
Dont know if I should wait a bit or brave the indian contact centre........