View Full Version : Dial-a-phone 4u?

Ben
21st February 2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/21/dial_a_phone_4u/

Dial-a-phone finally swallowed.

Phones 4u is buying Dial-a-phone, marking a significant expansion of the high-street retailer into direct sales via phone and on-line.

Dial-a-phone runs a couple of websites and a phone-line ordering service out of Kentish Town and Northampton. Its 300 staff sold over 120,000 contracts in 2007. But that's small potatoes to Phones 4u, with its 440 high-street shops and online sales operation.

No financial details of the deal are available, but Phones 4u intends to keep the Dial-a-phone brands (Dial-a-phone and Mobile Express) operating. Some staff, no doubt, will be synergised out of a job, but there are apparently no plans for a big cull.

The deal is expected to complete by the end of the month, upon completion of the mandatory staff consultation.

Hands0n
21st February 2008, 11:59 AM
Hmmm, now a P4U company? Scratch another place to buy off of my list. I'd sooner buy from the local druggie dealer down the road :D

miffed
21st February 2008, 12:49 PM
TBH I have always found Dialaphone pretty crap myself (in terms of deals offered ) - I got a Samsung T100 off them on Vodafone/ singlepoint a few years back , but that was before I was 'educated' on such matters !
Since then I have never noticed them offering anything that looks remotely like a bargain - In this day and age , It would be unusual for me to buy from anywhere other that the Network , although occasionly there are better deals to be had elswhere - www.mobdeal.co.uk is normally where I start !

maxspank
25th February 2008, 04:31 PM
When I was working at Vodafone, we had tonnes of complaints about dial-a-phone, we had tonnes more complaints about p4u though, so maybe they're meant to be together =D.