View Full Version : 3 is 5

3g-g
3rd March 2008, 03:42 PM
Three is 5 years old today (born 03/03/03).

Happy birthday to it... them... what ever!:D

miffed
3rd March 2008, 04:06 PM
Janam Din ki badhai!

Ben
3rd March 2008, 04:48 PM
Happy Birthday indeed!

I might wrap my e606 up in a bow and have it couriered over to their head office :p

miffed
3rd March 2008, 04:59 PM
LOL. , the handsets they launched with look really dated now !

... Well , actually they looked pretty dated 5 years ago :D

solo12002
3rd March 2008, 07:53 PM
"LOL. , the handsets they launched with look really dated now !

... Well , actually they looked pretty dated 5 years ago " stop your moaning , you still with them lol.

Hands0n
3rd March 2008, 11:30 PM
Yup, I still have my pair of e606 handsets. At the time I thought that they had a certain Buck Rogers style to them. Poor old NEC, couldn't design or build for toffee :D

3g-g
4th March 2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, it's funny reading that article about how much cash they've spent, £100 monthly contracts at launch and the bodge rollout of a network along the route Li Ka Shing (i think) took between the airport, to the hotel and the main office.

Just think, instead of pulling the wool over the head honchos eyes when he arrived in the UK if he'd actually experienced the way the nework was Three may have been a completely differerent network today!

Either way, happy birthday to them... I hope there was cake in the office today getti!

gorilla
4th March 2008, 09:15 AM
I think some people tend to forget how young 3 are. If they are still here in another 5 years I'm sure the market will be vastly different.

Ben
4th March 2008, 12:09 PM
Oh definitely.

There's no denying, though, that their launch was a farce :D But a lot of senior figures in 3UK were probably well aware of that. They had the option of going nationwide right away, or concentrating on bringing geographic areas online one-by-one. They chose the former for a reason.

In 5 years time I doubt anybody who matters will remember 3's beginnings... unless they still haven't turned a profit!