View Full Version : 6680 Delayed Yet Again!!!

getti
9th May 2005, 09:02 PM
Now due on Orange the week starting Mon 23rd

3GScottishUser
9th May 2005, 09:13 PM
But will it be free on a 12 month contract with 8 months 1/2 price?

See here: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1945#post1945

3g-g
9th May 2005, 09:33 PM
Unlikely!

But at least you'll be able to make use of a proper 3G network! :D

getti
9th May 2005, 10:41 PM
The offer you mentioned is for May so in theory YES you can as they have said 23rd may.

However im not taking any notice of that date now, Orange have been pi**sing about with the date enough.

March, then April, then 13th May and now 23rd May

simax
9th May 2005, 11:06 PM
We're trying to push it to July, but it may be longer....

JOKING! :D

Simon

Ben
9th May 2005, 11:37 PM
Do Orange *really* have launch dates? They're not like Vodafone where you can always get a date out of them. The dates that do come out of Orange always seem to be more guestimates than anything that's actually planned.

3g-g
9th May 2005, 11:41 PM
Handsets are continually in review and every time I've ever talked to retail they tell me there's never a "certain" date for release so as not to get consumer hopes up.

Where are the release dates we've had here been from?

Jon3G
10th May 2005, 11:25 AM
I think the olnt people who really know are the big balls of Orange and I never listen to Orange retail after the Z1010 issue and dates not being correct

davidlove
10th May 2005, 09:07 PM
By the time the operators have completed "testing" - that is "personalising" the phone's software the N70 will be nearly upon us.

Better take the £400 hit and buy a 6680 SIM free, then (a) you can enjoy a great 3G phone in the meantime, (b) you're free to switch networks and (c) you can get a decent price on eBay when N70 becomes available.

Jon3G
11th May 2005, 04:15 PM
I do hope it comes soon.

Another phamton date. I went into my local Orange shop and was told Friday. I then said, so if I come if Firday I can have one.

Lets see

delinquentwoody
11th May 2005, 11:15 PM
Well I really hope its not after the 23rd, as my PAC number expires on the 25th and far too many people have my number for me to change it lol!!

So, shall I wait longer and lose my number to get the 6680, or keep my number and get it on 3!!!!! Decisions.......... TBH it may have to be 3 for me, but i really dont want to. Ah well, it'll be lighter on the pocket!!

3g-g
11th May 2005, 11:57 PM
woody, get yourself a PAYG SIM, port onto that for the time being, then once the 6680 is out, port the number from the PAYG onto your new SIM.

delinquentwoody
12th May 2005, 09:15 PM
nice one, didnt think of that!!

Jon3G
13th May 2005, 11:28 AM
Is today the day for launch cant see much happening

Ben
13th May 2005, 04:39 PM
Apparently my local Orange shop was ready to go but the handsets 'failed testing' again. I said that's why I bought mine SIM-Free, but the man didn't seem to appreciate that my SIM-Free software has none of the problems Orange are introducing through their customisations.

Not looking too peachy.

Jon3G
15th May 2005, 11:37 AM
mmm

went into the Orange store in meadowhall, I was told the handsets were "in stock" but could not sell or show till the testing was complete. \i then said why would you have them if the testing was not complete. Silence

Ben
15th May 2005, 12:43 PM
AFAIK the stores reflash the phones when new software is released... that's the impression I had gotten anyway. So stock can be distributed prior to testing being completed.

Sped
15th May 2005, 07:30 PM
Hi Everyone this is my first post on here, read Ben's review(nice 1 mate) and ive been reading this forum about 2 weeks now. Im on orange and i just cant believe how much they are keeping this phone back. A friend of mine rang me today to give me his new number and guess what..yep..he'd only got the 6680 that i want from a vodafone shop in Wakefield yesterday!! I dont think i can really hold out much longer on orange..think they are trying to p**s people off now by changing the release dates. Mmmmmm think i might change to vodafone..lol..Anyway lets see what tomoz brings us..maybe good news now that 3 and vodafone have release it.

Ben
15th May 2005, 07:38 PM
Interesting - I had no idea any Vodafone shops were selling the handset yet! I guess that store was lucky enough to have stock, but hopefully Vodafone will go the whole hog this week. Orange too, maybe? :S

Thanks for reg'ing, welcome to the forum!

Jon3G
15th May 2005, 09:07 PM
Hopefully all networks with have them this week. Voda still have them coming soon on their site.

Ben

With regards to the flashing thing, the guy in the store they would send them back if any problems were found, so we will never know