View Full Version : MobiTV Incompetence Continues

Ben
7th March 2008, 05:22 PM
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332161&page=1&pp=15

Yep, a selection of US MobiTV streams that can be played in any capable player, such as QuickTime or the standard players on many mobile phones, without paying. No encryption, no authentication, just extremely crap quality mobile TV :p

I only heard about this because MobiTV have sent a cease and desist letter to howardforums - so the links may not be around for much longer - but do go and check it out. Made me laugh :D

Hands0n
7th March 2008, 07:46 PM
MobiTV suck. They sucked on Orange. They sucked on 3. They just simply suck. :D

gorilla
7th March 2008, 11:52 PM
it did not work. simple. What should they do? mmmm,

Ben
7th March 2008, 11:54 PM
Open the streams in a capable media player or on your mobile and they should play streaming video. I opened one in Firefox on the Mac and it started playing in Quicktime.

MobiTV will have to act fast if they haven't already.

Hands0n
7th March 2008, 11:59 PM
Yes. In all the time that they have been running they have not done anything to provide a level of acceptable service. The field has been wide open to sort it out, but nothing has apparently been done.

Ben
8th March 2008, 12:03 AM
I'll never forget when I emailed them about a problem with a suggestion about how to fix it...

...then a while later emailed them about something else and had my own 'suggestion' email sent back to me from an agent as if it was the answer to my query. Idiots? Yeah.

hecatae
8th March 2008, 12:22 AM

Bikinis, lingerie, and less. Beach, Bedroom, Hot tub. MAXX Look ??? All Girls. All the time

cool, off to see which ones work.

edit: they all work...

Hands0n
8th March 2008, 12:30 AM
edit: they all work...

Not here they don't :)

Ben
8th March 2008, 11:38 AM
Looks like they've done something to the streams, now. Probably something stupidly stupid like a user agent check.

Edit: Just in case anyone wanted an example of how moronic these people are: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/07/mobitv_threatens_howardforums/
"Howard, great catching up today," MobiTV's president wrote, in a kiss-and-makeup message posted on Chui's site. "Again, we're big fans of the sight [sic] and our intention was never to bring your entire sight down or to 'censor the Internet' like we're being accused."

Sight? As in Websight? From the company president? :p

hecatae
8th March 2008, 11:30 PM
which is why I posted the links here, and I'll post them elsewhere if needed.

3 UK no longer offer MobiTV, and I wonder if it is for the same reason, it worked on any s60 2nd edition phone as long as it had a 3 sim in it, no user agent ID check was present.