View Full Version : t-zones to get 3G data services boost

3g-g
10th May 2005, 01:20 AM
Is this the very, very slow start of T-Mobiles move into 3G, make their WAP portal a bit nicer for the 3G customers. What on earth are you doing over in T-Mobile land? :confused: Less chat chat and more chop chop!

LogicaCMG today announced that it has reached an agreement with T-Mobile International to build and operate the next-generation portal for t-zones.

t-zones is a mobile internet service that connects mobile subscribers to more than 1000 external applications and a rich array of content across several countries.

The new solution incorporates industry-leading components integrated and supported by LogicaCMG. A single centralised portal will enable T-Mobile's European operators to launch new services from one system providing local languages and content for each country. This will enable T-Mobile's operators to get new mobile applications to market quicker and at a lower cost allowing the company to respond to the increasing pace of change in mobile data
trends.

Derek Kemp, managing director, UK telecoms, LogicaCMG said: "Next-generation portals are fundamental to delivering 3G mobile data
services. The agreement places us at the heart of T-Mobile's content-rich services for users and further cements our international relationship."

More than three years now LogicaCMG has been assisting T-Mobile through its offshore partner integration helpdesk, achieving significant cost savings and enabling faster time-to-market for latest content such as games, ring tones and mobile data services.

"Since 2001 T-Mobile has developed and operated a single portal for the majority of its European operating companies; some while ago, we recognised the need to substantively reduce the ongoing costs of both the development and operation of this service. This deal with LogicaCMG allows us to migrate to a truly commoditised (package) portal solution, underpinned by innovative hardware, software and hosting services and produced a truly ultra high availability, best-of-class 3rd generation portal at substantively reduced cost," said Kevin Cunnington, T-Mobile's Executive Vice President for Portals & Portal Infrastructure.

Jon3G
11th May 2005, 04:21 PM
Why would you want to use 3G from a T zone when you can access data at a cheaper rate on Wifi

3g-g
11th May 2005, 04:53 PM
Eh... because 3G will be more widespread than WiFi? So you're out and about, you have the choice of driving or walking around looking for a hotspot, or just put your mobile/data card on and use the UMTS network? I know what I'd be picking.

Jon3G
11th May 2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry no need to flame.

I misread the post- I thought it was 3G just around the T zone

3g-g
11th May 2005, 11:50 PM
My apologies, didn't mean to be so blunt! :)

Not a good day at the office.

Jon3G
12th May 2005, 12:13 PM
Dont worry about everyone has a bad day