View Full Version : Hands-on with Nokia N96

Ben
30th March 2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n96-en.shtml

Mobile Review have an early N96. Some great photos, and interesting bits of information also.

I doubt I'd be tempted to get one though, unless something changes. It's an incremental update to a popular platform I suppose. Original N95 users will probably go for it, while N95 8GB users will probably wait.

aidey6
7th April 2008, 10:58 AM
That page would not open for me.... :(

From what i've read about it though, I will wait, as I suspect there will be a new N Series launched first quarter 2009.

I will stick with my N95 8Gb for now :D (with its firmware updates, they seem to hopefully be ironing out most of its bugs too)

Ben
7th April 2008, 12:26 PM
Looks like Mobile Review is down right now. I'm sure it'll pop back up soon.

Hands0n
7th April 2008, 12:28 PM
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n96-en.shtml

Mobile Review have an early N96. Some great photos, and interesting bits of information also.

Hmmmm. That link doesn't work for me either. I really wish Nokia would not make so many, in effect, point releases to their range. It can't be financially prudent although it does not seem to be doing them any actual harm.

N96 sir? No, sorry not this time, it doesn't suit me :d Im much more interested in Nokia's response to Apple's original iPhone that Nokia announced within weeks of its availability. Perhaps they're stalling with the intent of stealing Apple's thunder when the 3G iPhone arrives.

Ben
7th April 2008, 03:15 PM
That's just the thing, point releases are where the money is. You invest a lot of money in a product, a la N95, and then build upon that model for as long as possible in order to generate maximum return. If Nokia are a good company, which one believes they probably are, then they'll have countless other ideas and inventions waiting in the wings, but such a large player will have no intention of competing with themselves - the next big thing wont be released until the market indicates that the time has come.

3G iPhone is probably going to be one great big fat fcuk off indication ;)