View Full Version : TyTN & WINDOWS MOBILE 6 & SKY

beegeebopper
31st March 2008, 05:27 PM
Hi,
I've had a quick look thru the forum & cannot see anything near to my problems (I've only 2), so here goes:

I have a TyTN with Windows 5 & on the HTC webpage for my phone it tells me to download the software for Windows 6. I sync up & download the software but just before Windows starts to install, the USB connection disengages. I do not know why it does it & my phone is not set to discharge at all.
1) Why does it keep doing it?
2) Any ideas as to what to do?

My second problem is installing SKY 24/7 football. It keeps telling me that my phone must have 3G (I thought it did) OR it tells me that I need the PORTEL NUMBER.

Will installing Windows 6 solve any problems? My phone was SIM free & I've tried 3 networks so far. Virgin is a no-no; o2 tell me everything is fine when it isn't; so at the mo I'm on Orange which seems the best so far.

Any advice would be welcome or if you want any more info, just ask. (I have Vista desktop).

3g-g
31st March 2008, 06:30 PM
Hi beegeebopper,

I'm not sure about the SW update via windows, but perhaps Vista is the issue. one of the other mods if a bit of a dab hand with windows devices, give him some time, i'm sure he'll come up with an answer!

Secondly, is the SIM you're using a 3G one? If it's a 2G SIM that'll be the answer to your question. You need a USIM to access 3G services on Orange, and possibly O2, does the handset display "3G" beside the signal strength when in standby? Can you access data services such as the operators home page via a 3G data connection?