View Full Version : T-Mobile Mobile TV and BBC

Denyo1977
20th April 2008, 03:16 PM
I guess most of the people on here aren't too bothered about Mobile TV anyway (haven't used it myself for quite a while now). But I noticed that the T-Mobile TV package doesn't include BBC 1, BBC 3, BBC Radio 1-5, BBC Radio Asian Network and BBC 1 Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales anymore. And it's still the same price (£3.50)!!! :eek:

Hands0n
20th April 2008, 03:39 PM
I tried Mobile TV way back when 3 experimented with MobiTV which was, frankly, dire. Then I had a brief try with Vodafone's 3G TV delivery. The latter was much better, but not at a price that I was willing to pay. And therein lies the problem. The older of us are used to free national TV. Then we have the likes of Sky and Virgin who add value to their proposition through the likes of Sky+ (marvelous) and SkyHD (ahead of its content which lets it down badly). But what of the same proposition on Mobile? At best it can offer us TV on the go, but is there any value to that?

For my own part, I do not need TV on the go, much as it is nice to be able to watch such stuff. With the mobile data accounts available these days the opportunity to watch video as and when required is a reality like never before. So do we need Mobile TV when we have Mobile Data?

It does make me wonder where this is all going to end up :)

getti
20th April 2008, 03:41 PM
Same with other networks, It was the BBC who have pulled content due to the end of the testing

The BBC have ended their one year trial providing the networks with channels. Since BBC and ITV channels are available over the internet, does anyone know of another way of streaming mobile television.

http://whatmobile.net/forumvb/showthread.php?p=246182#post246182